It is up to me

Groups » It is up to me » Discussion » Dancing the night a...

Dancing the night away.....

Ira Sansolo
on 10/20/08 9:01 am - Winter Haven, FL
Dancing the night away This weekend Melissa and I had the pleasure of attending a wedding for a very special young lady and her new husband. Jodi has been a friend of Melissa’s for many years and she has watched her grow from a teenager to a bright cardiac nurse. When she was planning her wedding she asked Melissa to be her Wedding Extraordinaire (kind of  like a wedding planner).  Many beautiful and graceful ladies were in attendance, but none more beautiful than my wife. So what does this have to do with dancing, well when the music started during the reception we walked onto the dance floor and started to slow dance. All of a sudden I put my arms around Melissa and for the first time since we were married and I was able to wrap her in my arms and pull her close to me. She laid her head on my shoulder and we danced. You cannot imagine how excited she was (as was I).  There are many things we take for granted in life, many things we don’t even do very often, but this is one of those “non scale victories” that weight loss surgery does for you. Something as little as dancing can change the way you feel as a patient but most of all for me as a support person. I am so proud of Melissa (sorry a little bragging), she has worked so hard to get where she is, many days she said “I just don’t know if  I can keep this up”. But if this weekend was any example of her tenacity she will have no trouble reaching her goal and going beyond. Thank you all for allowing me to brag about our special weekend and wish each and every one of you these same joyous events. With my love to Melissa and much devotion and support,Ira

Ira H Sansolo
Obesity Help Support Group Coach 
Co-Leader "Its up to you"
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/UpToMe/

" The secret is, there is no secret, you just have to believe."
                       (From Kung Fu Panda)

melcha
on 10/20/08 11:20 am - Winter Haven, FL
What can I say, he is an amazing man whose support I could not do without!   We had an awesome time and I believe we will be doing a lot more dancing!  I needed that non scale victory!  Something that I am not sure Ira knew about this weekend is that out of three days I spent about half of each of those days in heels and a skirt or dress.   I felt great and could not have done that 9 months ago!

My Love, I love you with all my heart and forever and ever your baby I'll be!

Mlissa

melcha
Support Group Coach

IraSansolo
Suppot Group Coach