It is up to me

Groups » It is up to me » Discussion » introductions.........

introductions..........

BullDog Lady
on 8/27/08 4:24 pm - Somewhere GREAT!
I havent seen much going on here late, but I am not able to get to the meetings due to my job.  So I thought I would come on here and introduce myself here.

HI ALL--My name is Becky Garry, OH name BullDog lady.  I have been a member here since December of 2002.  I had RYN WLS in Dothan Al back in March 0f 2005.  You might wonder why so far away from home?  Well -- I moved here back in June of 2006.  I then worked for Florida Department of Corrections for sometime.  DH and I were looking to move down this way but I didnt want to go without a promotion.  Low and Behold the good lord saw that I got one for I was promoted in June of 2006 to Polk Correctional Institution.  Since then I have moved on from teh state and currently work for Polk County Sheriffs office as a Detention Deputy at CCJ.  Since leaving Alabama I have not fouind a support group but have continued being a member of OH and my Bama board.  There good people there...stop by sometime. 

But back to here.  I am sure there is a good group here.  I so look forward to be able to attend some groups sometimes but due to my schedule, meetings are held when I am working so I cant attend. 

Since March of 05 I have lost 130lbs,  Yes that is great I know but I need to lose more.  Leaving my connections in Alabama became rough on me and my weight loss for I have regained a few pounds.  I want to get back on track and hope making new friends here in the lakeland area will help.

So enough of my babbling.  Nice to meet you all here..

Whos next??

****Becky***** @}------- @}--------

melcha
on 8/28/08 9:45 am - Winter Haven, FL
Welcome to the group!   I got your message about the Tuesday meetings.   Is there another time that is better for you?   We are still building the group but we are always willing to look at adding either on-line meetings or another group meeting depending on the response.

We have at least 2 others in the group who have had Gastric Bypass!   IF you would like to post any links to other groups or information please feel free to do so!

Glad to have you here!
BullDog Lady
on 8/28/08 11:27 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Hey Melissa,

I work the first and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, and am off the 2nd and 4th weekend of the month. 

Like I said in my message to you it is hard not knowing what is good for  others--  let me know!

Becky

****Becky***** @}------- @}--------

melcha
Support Group Coach

IraSansolo
Suppot Group Coach