members in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Groups » members in Toronto, ... » Discussion » DOES ANYONE NEED OP...

DOES ANYONE NEED OPTIFAST???

Audra_and_Todd
on 1/18/11 5:43 am - Barrie, Canada
I have 2 boxes of chocolate and 1 box of vanilla plus 3 extra envelopes of chocolate and 2 extra envelopes of vanilla.

They sell 1 box of 14 envelopes for 50 bucks bariatric clinic... I'll let everything go for 100 bucks!!!

Let me know if you're interested PLEASE!!!
HW: 330/1ST GW: 165 achieved/2ND GW: 155/CW: 161                            
Panja
on 2/11/11 11:00 am - kingston, Canada
Hi there,

I see you had Dr. Sohi for your surgeon. I have him and have surgery scheduled for Feb 23. One question I have for you is, did you cave during any period of your optifast pre-op diet. I caved today for dinner and had a bean burrio and feel horrible to my stomach and just in general.

Congrats by the way!! How are you doing with it all?
Audra_and_Todd
on 2/13/11 9:09 pm - Barrie, Canada
Hi!!! Sorry for the delayed response... I was away for the weekend.

So yes I had Dr. Sohi... really nice man. Nice staff... I had a great experience in that regard. But I did have a stricture. I was really sick for the first two months and did have to have my stricture dialated... but I've been top notch ever since. :-)

When I was on the optifast I sort of caved... I had a package of schneiders fat free turkey slices... ate the whole thing like a mad savage... lol. But that was the only thing. I didn't feel bad because it was very low in calories and no fat...

My husband caved for his pre-op diet on Christmas for dinner... he had turkey with all the trimmings and sweets... and whatever else he could stuff in his face... lol.
Panja
on 2/14/11 6:37 am - kingston, Canada
Wow, that sounds painful, having a stricture for 2 months, ouch! I am glad to hear that you have had no issues since.

the pre-op phase isn't so bad, once you get used to it and you forgive yourself for caving...lol. I have to be on it for a total of 3 weeks, only 9 days left to go. I find I am having troubles now remembering to drink my shakes (5hours later I remember, well once I start getting a headache that is). I have to keep up on that, for the post op!

So your husband did the surgery as well? Did you guys do it together?
"Everything Happens for a reason"             www.kidzlifechildcare.vpweb.ca       
Audra_and_Todd
on 2/16/11 6:33 pm - Barrie, Canada
Well it certainly made me regret my decision for a while.... I was quite miserable. But now since I have been feeling WAY better... I feel good about the decision.

I think all in all... I did good on the optifast. I just couldn't seem to get four shakes in a day... the most I could get in was two. I didn't feel hungry... I didn't have a headache or anything... I just didn't feel like downing another gross tasting shake... Thank God I only had to do it for two weeks!!! Me eating the turkey slices was more about head hunger than anything else.

My husband had his surgery January 10th. He had to lose a bit more weight than me because he was a lot bigger. He's doing really well... except for the past few days he's been feeling crappy. I think fatique is setting in as it does with all new post op wls patients.

When do you go in? Are you excited? Nervous? Did you tell anyone?
Panja
on 2/18/11 8:46 am - kingston, Canada
I bet, that just sounds so horrible! Your husband just had surgery last month. Congrats to him!!

I go in on Feb 23, so next Wednesday. today was my last day of work. I told everyone at work about 3 weeks ago and they were all supportive which I was scared at first to tell them all, but then I got to thinking what do I care, I am doing this for me not anyone else. So everyone pretty much knows and it seems everyone is very support. I was sent of today with flowers, some cards, etc from work. Today was my last day. I am very excited, I was really nervous last week. A little bit still this week, just a little scared because of the things that can possibly happen post op, but I try not to think about it.

How was your 2 days at Humber River Hospital? Does Dr. Sohi usually want a follow up before you go back home a few days later? How often does he check up on you in the hospital? Did they make you get up right away and walk around and very often?
Audra_and_Todd
on 2/20/11 8:01 pm - Barrie, Canada
Yes my hubby is doing well. He is FINALLY starting to know his limits... I was worried at first as it seemed nothing bothered him. After wls you have to "feel" your way around food to see what works... what doesn't... what you should avoid... etc.

So two more days!!!! Whoot whoot!!! You'll be just fine... may I suggest two things... drink lots of water as you can... in sips of course... and WALK.... WALK YOUR ASS OFF!!! lol... if not you'll get sooooooooooooo gassy.... and that hurts like a bugger. And it's so hard to release... lol

It's good that you told your co-workers... I work for Rogers... There's a lot of us... I only told about 4/5 people... and I told my closest friends and immediate family. They were all supportive. I have to lose 4.5 pounds to reach 199lbs. I'm exicted about that. My goal weight for now is 165lbs... I feel that is reasonable to me... but if I get there and feel I can go lower... I may.

So Dr. Sohi did follow up with me before I left the hospital and so did Dr. Hagin. Humber is a good place to be... the nurses were helpful and informative. The dietiation will be by to give you some information... it was great!!! My husband had his done down at St. Josephs and it was a JOKE... no one knew anything. He was sent home and left to fend for himself... lucky for him he had me and I already knew all the processess. I had a two week follow up with Dr. Sohi... and then a month follow up... and then a two month follow up. (But that was because I had a stricture) My six month follow up is on Wednesday. Not sure how that will work since he's doing your surgery that day... lol

Are you on FB? If you are you should really REALLY join the group [email protected] it's a closed group so anything you post can only be read by those members of the group. You'll get lots of info... and stories... and pics to inspire you!!! Join in... we'd love to have you!!!

If I don't hear from you anymore before your surgery... good luck to you... and I'll keep you in my thoughts on your big day!!!
Panja
on 2/20/11 11:50 pm - kingston, Canada
Nevermind...lol, I found it!!