Overlake Hospital Medical Center

Recent Posts

Gypsyqueen5
on 12/17/13 3:32 pm - Seattle, WA
Topic: Hi

Hello everyone. My name is Janis. I finally have a date,  Jan 6th. So excited. Ready to start my new life, Any tips and suggestions are appreciated. Happy Holidays!

SeattleSeagirl

Alba
on 7/3/11 12:16 pm - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: Surgery date coming up!
This sure is a quiet group!  How did your surgery go?  How has it been since then.  I got my sleeve on June 30, so am just beginning.
Alba Tross
         "Fake it til you make it."

Amber J.
on 3/9/11 9:42 am - Kirkland, WA
 Hi Janice!

My surgery yesterday went great. Dr. Nguyen really is fabulous. He's so knowledgeable and  you can tell he really does care. He was running late with his first patient yesterday and my surgery got started two hours late. Also, mine ran an hour or so longer then estimated as well. Besides that, I'm healing up great! still a bit of pain but I'm eating my first meal of broth and should have no problem with being discharged tomorrow.

Thanks for your response and concern!

-Amber

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

jcbabcock
on 3/9/11 9:37 am - Bellevue, WA
Hi Amber,
Dr Nguyen was my Dr. also.  I love his gentle spirit and the information he gives as he helps us along.  I see your surgery was yesterday.  I actually had an appt. with him yesterday and Lorraine called and rescheduled so hope your went well.

I consider this one of the best things that I have ever done for myself.

Best wishes,
Janice

Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you." Og Mandino  
Amber J.
on 2/17/11 9:47 am - Kirkland, WA
Topic: Surgery date coming up!
 Hi everyone!

I know that this group hasn't seen much activity lately but I figure I'd post a hello anyways. My surgery with Dr. Nguyen is coming up on March 8th and I'm super excited! Dr. N is really nice and awesome. All my doctors had heard of him and had wonderful things to say (even my chiropractor!) While I'm mostly looking forward to my surgery and the results to follow, I'm also getting a little nervous. I was wondering how all of you found your care at Overlake? Can you describe your experience? I had to use the Overlake emergency room last year because of a work related injury (was attacked by an angry kitty) and they were very nice. Mostly, though, I've used the facilities at Evergreen as I literally live two blocks from them.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

karenhardy
on 8/24/10 11:45 am - Renton, WA
Topic: RE: Howdy
150 pounds, that is great....I have to say I love the bypass....it was also the best decision I ever made.  It sounds like you are doing well....
likeablelaura
on 8/22/10 5:22 am
Topic: Howdy
It's only taken me 8 months but I am finally going to become an active member of this group!  Dr. N and his staff are so wonderful I made the absolute best choice in chosing this awesome team. 

I started at 240 pounds back in 2007.  I had the lap band with another doctor after stopping at -30 pounds I found Dr. N and he revised the lap band with the bypass and am now down to 150 pounds.  I am so happy, best choice I ever made for my health. 

Let be each others best support.
MeltingWoman
on 6/27/10 3:21 pm - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: 6/26/2010 - Support Group Generosity

Thank you to the couple who gave me an almost new jar of calcium citrate. Your generosity is appreciated.  

Debbie

Height 5'0"    HW 216.5  /  Pre-Op  210.8   /  SW 200.8 / GW healthy
      I know there's a skinny gal in here somehwere!  
      A journey of a thousand pounds begins with a single ounce

MeltingWoman
on 6/21/10 1:01 pm - Lake Stevens, WA
Topic: RE: Wake up Overlake
Love the IMs and would like to see more overlake people :-)

Height 5'0"    HW 216.5  /  Pre-Op  210.8   /  SW 200.8 / GW healthy
      I know there's a skinny gal in here somehwere!  
      A journey of a thousand pounds begins with a single ounce

Aberdare
on 6/12/10 11:41 am, edited 6/12/10 11:43 am - Bellevue, WA
Topic: Wake up Overlake
What's happening with this group ??? No activity for the past year. let's get going guys. The face to face meetings are so good and lively let's try and make the on line connections too. I love to IM with Melting Woman so join us if you are on line at the same time
Let's see if we can revive Overlake
Jay

rcb154
Group Leader

karenhardy
Co-Administrator