Overlake Hospital Medical Center

Groups » Overlake Hospital Me... » Discussion » Surgery date coming...

Surgery date coming up!

Amber J.
on 2/17/11 9:47 am - Kirkland, WA
 Hi everyone!

I know that this group hasn't seen much activity lately but I figure I'd post a hello anyways. My surgery with Dr. Nguyen is coming up on March 8th and I'm super excited! Dr. N is really nice and awesome. All my doctors had heard of him and had wonderful things to say (even my chiropractor!) While I'm mostly looking forward to my surgery and the results to follow, I'm also getting a little nervous. I was wondering how all of you found your care at Overlake? Can you describe your experience? I had to use the Overlake emergency room last year because of a work related injury (was attacked by an angry kitty) and they were very nice. Mostly, though, I've used the facilities at Evergreen as I literally live two blocks from them.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

jcbabcock
on 3/9/11 9:37 am - Bellevue, WA
Hi Amber,
Dr Nguyen was my Dr. also.  I love his gentle spirit and the information he gives as he helps us along.  I see your surgery was yesterday.  I actually had an appt. with him yesterday and Lorraine called and rescheduled so hope your went well.

I consider this one of the best things that I have ever done for myself.

Best wishes,
Janice

Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you." Og Mandino  
Amber J.
on 3/9/11 9:42 am - Kirkland, WA
 Hi Janice!

My surgery yesterday went great. Dr. Nguyen really is fabulous. He's so knowledgeable and  you can tell he really does care. He was running late with his first patient yesterday and my surgery got started two hours late. Also, mine ran an hour or so longer then estimated as well. Besides that, I'm healing up great! still a bit of pain but I'm eating my first meal of broth and should have no problem with being discharged tomorrow.

Thanks for your response and concern!

-Amber

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Alba
on 7/3/11 12:16 pm - Renton, WA
This sure is a quiet group!  How did your surgery go?  How has it been since then.  I got my sleeve on June 30, so am just beginning.
Alba Tross
         "Fake it til you make it."

rcb154
Group Leader

karenhardy
Co-Administrator