Overlake Hospital Medical Center

Groups » Overlake Hospital Me... » Discussion » Review of Overlake ...

Review of Overlake Support Group Disscussion 7/11/09

karenhardy
on 7/12/09 7:32 am - Renton, WA
Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to go over the discussion at the support group for those of you unable to attend.

There was a camera crew there yesterday shooting a video for the Weight Loss Surgery program at Overlake Hospital.   They were there for about the first 30 minutes of the group.   Karen Bauman went over the different types of surgeries and the benefits of each. 

We also discussed 21 different mistakes we make after WLS.   I will go over a few of them.  Karen will try to get a copy of the pamplet she has so I can put the whole list on the next discussion.  

Take care of yourself.  We always tend to take care of others we need to learn to also give ourselves some quality time.  

Remember to take your vitamins as directed.  Vitamins and supplements are especially needed after WLS.

Drinking with meals.   Don't do it.  It pushes the food through too quickly and will also cause you to be hungry sooner.

Not exercising regularly.   Remember the surgery is just a tool, you will need to also exercise and eat well to continue to lose weight.

Isolating.   Don't push everyone away.   You don't have to go through this journey alone or without help. 

This is just a few on the list.   Hopefully I will put the entire 21 mistakes on this discussion soon.  

We would like to start an online chat.  I would like to know who else would be interested in joining in on the chat.  It would probably be every other Wednesday between 7:00 to 7:30 to start off.   Please respond to this discussion if you would be interested and I will let you know when we will begin.  

Thanks

Karen Hardy

rcb154
Group Leader

karenhardy
Co-Administrator