Mental Health

Recent Posts

Teena A.
on 6/7/11 6:04 am - Mesquite, TX
Topic: RE: I put myself and my 4.6 lb Chihuahua (Nico) on a BPD time out for two days.- LMAO
Ann,

Thank you.

I am in a much better mood today and am no longer in timeout with Nico.

I am back to the real world.

I am glad this did not last very long.

I hate my mental illnesses, but I am glad that I have the coping skills that I do to know how to survive with them.

ID is my favorite channel too.

Have an absolutely fabulous Tuesday.
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

anninva
on 6/6/11 11:19 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: RE: I put myself and my 4.6 lb Chihuahua (Nico) on a BPD time out for two days.- LMAO
Hi Teena,

I think bed sounds like the best idea ever.  it's the place i go to decompress too.  i've got some bpd going on as well and it's a btch and can make you feel so awful, as can wasting an hour you'll never get back on the HIGHWAY!!!!

I hope you and Nico luxuriate in bed, don'****ch too much ID on Discovery (one of my faves, actually!), and just zone out today!!!  (((((((hugs)))))  if you'd like 'em!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Charity W.
on 6/6/11 5:44 pm - Lawton, OK
Topic: RE: Ruining my WLS
 Back again with the same problems. The kinda of leveled out for alittle while but now it seems like they are worse than before. I guess I will have to call the doc and let him know that this crazy bit is not a good thing for me. I am eating things that I KNOW will make me sick. My protein was pretty low during my last round of blood work and I got yelled at. I just crave carbs and LOTS of them. I will drink soda KNOWING that when I wake up in the morning i will be so bloated it hurts. I will eat cereal KNOWING that I will dump and be miserable for hours. But yet I can eat 2 large peanut butter cookies and nothing happens. I do NOT want to regain my weight back and I STILL have a lot to lose. This mental illness crap is gonna kill me yet. But on the bright side. My long term disabiltiy did come through and I have completed the SSI disabiltiy paperwork with the help of a third party that my LTD uses. 

I just don't know what to do. I know that I need to push my insurance into finding a talk therapist that does eating disorder couseling before i wind up in the hopital from eating to much and doing somthing to my pouch. :(

Thanks for listening.

Charity W.
on 6/6/11 5:33 pm - Lawton, OK
Topic: RE: Failure
 I think I can totally relate. I do have mental issues. I have bi-polar, depression, anxiety, ADD, and insomnia. I am a little over 7 months out and have lots 100lbs which is awesome but I have been at a stall for 2 months because of my mind. The depression is winning and I am eating everything and anything. I am ruining my pouch, my chance and I am scared. I don't know what to do. I have heard start again. Follow this program. Get rid of the food in the house. BUT I will just go out and get what I want when I am in one of my moods. I will eat something even though I know it will make me dump or hurt me. I am letting my mind control me. HOW in the world do you fight it. The medication isn't helping. The motivation isn't there. Like you, it is not my tool that has failed but my mind that has failed me.

Teena A.
on 6/6/11 9:55 am - Mesquite, TX
Topic: I put myself and my 4.6 lb Chihuahua (Nico) on a BPD time out for two days.- LMAO
I'm in a foul mood.

What should have taken me 15 min to get home took an hour.

A WHOLE FREAKING HOUR!!!

I can't get that hour back you know.

I hate I- 635.

I have my friends PMS I think cause I'm a straight up BEYOTCH today.

Thx for sharing the wealth my friend.

Please tread lightly

• I'm annoyed today for some unknown reason and today is a day that I
    just need to be all alone.

This is my BPD showing it's ugly head.

I HATE this part of me.

HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT, but it is what it is.

At least I recognize my triggers.

I hope you all had a better day than me.

I have wished violent "Wicked Attraction" (
    http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/wicked-attraction/) deaths upon people all day long.  

Nico & I are in bed where we will stay for the rest of today & all day tomorrow.

If you need us im, text, or email us as WE will not be answering any doors or phones.

WE are having a BPD/Bipolar time out & need solitude to re-adjust our attitudes.

Please respect our wishes.

I hope you all are safe, sound, & are at home relaxing.

Hope you all GOT 'ER DONE today.

Have an absolutely fabulous Monday evening.

♥ ya'll.

Even though I feel like crap right now I can still educate you all.

These are some of the symptoms I go through with my BPD.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder-fact-sheet/index.shtml

•  
Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

anninva
on 6/6/11 12:49 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: Monday, Monday . . . one more time!
How's everyone's Monday??  Gotta say i hate monday's: getting up and going to work after a lovely weekend of sleeeeeeping (which is my all time favorite thing to do, which worries me a little, like is it a depression left-over??) and having to be a cheery supervisor of all the volunteers on my mental health helpline.  yuck.  at least it's sunny here in dc.  and it will be 97 by wed -- why do i live here???

let us know how you're doing!!!  (((((((monday hugs)))))))) to all!

boxermom
on 6/3/11 10:07 pm - MI
When you said 'my mind that failed', what did you mean?  Are you dealing with mental illness? Or just not able to get in the mind set of the rules of wls?

just curious, because I dont know how to respond....

bm
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 6/3/11 9:30 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

you know more than i do since you've been at it longer.  i know it gets harder the further out you get so i can only imagine how hard a time you must be having.  do you have the energy to start again right now?  you know, food records, protein grams, carbs, etc.?  i know i'm struggling and i'm only 5 mos out, so . . .

you are not a failure. you're a person and life's just gotten out of control.  i think we can always start again from where we are.  maybe even something like going to WW would be a jumpstart??

sending big hugs your way!!

Fatmamma
on 6/2/11 3:39 pm - Austin, TX
Topic: Failure
It has been 8 yrs and I am very disapointed that I have failed. Not my tool that failed was my mind. I just am at a loss.
Wild One    
cathiec
on 6/2/11 9:08 am - Toms River, NJ
Topic: RE: Stress out

Thanks Ann, tommorrow Fri my sister will be going through a procedure it is called ctdrainage with a biopises they will try to get all the fluid out of the stomach it is infection so hopefully this work and she can get on the road to recovery she has being going through hell. I went to my dr for my neck we have put off doing anything until my sister is on her road to recovery they have just increased my pain medication to help me. So the stress continues and having problems staying on program I say I will then I get stress and I don't think about what I am doing I just have to say I will improve and not beat myself up right now. Just having problems handling everything Thanks for listening
Cathie