Mental Health

Recent Posts

boxermom
on 6/14/11 9:20 pm, edited 6/14/11 9:21 pm - MI
Topic: RE: Let's get moving, 10 minutes at a time!
Ann,

i love my boxer.  he is soo good, well, now that he is 3 he is good.  still bouncy and playful.  and he loves his friend Minnie, the second dog in the pic.  they are kindred spirits.  he relaxes me, when i talk to him and pet him the tension is released from my body.  we have been on the DL list for about 17 days now so he can recover from an injury at the dog park.

i53.photobucket.com/albums/g74//photo2.jpg

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 6/14/11 9:18 pm - MI
boxermom
on 6/14/11 9:17 pm - MI
boxermom
on 6/14/11 9:09 pm - MI
Topic: RE: Accountability - Week One - How was your Weekend??
On June 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM Pacific Time, severman wrote:
 Thanks for the motivation.   I have not been getting in my protein and am going back to logging all my food.  

I had a good weekend.  I didn't get my exercise in on Sunday though.  But I was busy the entire weekend.  

Stephanie E
steph,

today is a new day, so start over again with protein and water.  i am bad a****er.  logging is good for food.  i use the livestrong daily plate, the free version which adds up all protein you've had.  and a piechart for quick comparison to carbs.  i thought we should eat half of carbs as we do protein, but that could be a rumor.

try to get ten mins in of exercise, you can even use the wii just dance!  its fun.

AND MAKE TIME FOR YOU TODAY TO DO SOMETHING YOU ENJOY!

BM

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 6/14/11 9:06 pm - MI
ok, its weds and yest was kind of a flop.  i was stressed so i barely ate, and when i did it was comfort foods, like carbs of course.  but i did add protein powder to much of what we ate.  i even put it in the pancake mix for the kids!  Today is a new day and a chance to start over...

Here is my meal/exercise list:

1/4 c hot granola with protein powder
baked beans for lunch or some sort of bean salad
salsbury steak for dinner
cheese sticks in between for snacks

bike ride
10 mins treadmill
15 mins walking around dog park which is my relaxation time for ME

dont forget to make time for yourself to relax today!

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

severman
on 6/14/11 10:09 am - Indianapolis, IN
 Thanks for the motivation.   I have not been getting in my protein and am going back to logging all my food.  

I had a good weekend.  I didn't get my exercise in on Sunday though.  But I was busy the entire weekend.  

Stephanie E
severman
on 6/14/11 10:01 am - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: RE: Failure
 I am also 8 years post op and had regained 90 pounds due to steroids.  I have been able to lose all but 25 of those pounds.  I have been using a food journal and exercising.  I suggest finding an accountability partner.  My neighbor is mine and she keeps me on track when I seem to get down.  Make sure you are getting your annual labs drawn.  Certain deficiencies can make it harder to lose or even maintain your weight loss.  I suffer from depression and my anemia I think is even making it worse.  Since I started my iron infusions I am feeling both emotionally and physically better.  If I can help in anyway let me know!

Stephanie E

anninva
on 6/13/11 11:25 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
boxermom -- cute puppies, by the way! i accomplished nothing of my goal yesterday. i am going to zumba class #2 tonight, so that's a good clump of exercise. will let you know if i actually get there! ann

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

boxermom
on 6/13/11 9:51 pm - MI
Ann,

I didn't walk my 10 mins yesterday, but my goal is to walk it by lunch time today.  How did you do yesterday with that goal?

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 6/13/11 9:49 pm - MI
Well, I had small successes throughout the day yesterday.  I did not walk the 10 mins I wanted to, but as far as meals went, I made better decisions.  Although I over-carbed it.  Today is a new day and I will succeed each hour at a time.

I plan on keeping this thread going all week, so we all can track our progress.  Just look back to Monday and keep your mind moving forward.

Todays Goals:

1.  eat a protein infused breakfast

2.  walk 10 mins on my treadmill before lunch

3.  bike ride with the kids

4.  DO SOMETHING RELAXING FOR ME!  Dogpark it is!  [You will see Dogpark a lot as it is very theraputic to my soul seeing mother nature at work....]

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw