Mental Health

Recent Posts

boxermom
on 5/1/11 8:44 pm - MI
Topic: Share your WOW moments with us!
Happy Monday All,

Lets start the week of on a positive note.  Please post your favorite WOW momensts since your WLS.

My fav WOW moment was when I could take a normal sized bath towel and wrap it around my body.  I was so happy.  And also to fit in the bathtub comfortably.  And also to look forward to exercising instead of dreading it..... so many really.....

BM

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 5/1/11 7:25 am - MI
Topic: RE: I don't know what to think
do me a favor and cross-post this to the main forum.  i don't know that you will get much advice here because there only a few of us here.  the main board has a lot of traffic and more members with experience in such matters.  sorry i cannot be of any help, my stupid pouch is like a duffel bag!

good luck!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

skinnymeforever
on 5/1/11 7:11 am - AZ
i had a scope. They found  a few small ulcers. They gave me some medicine that coats my stomach but it doesn't work. I just took the medicine and ate two bites of turkey. My stomach started aching horiribly and then I got the foamies. I get the foamies every day after I eat a meal. I can't eat more than a few bites. I know that I'm not getting more than 150 to 200 calories every day.  Everything hurts. I'm really scared. I can't do anything but lay around because I have no energy. When I call my surgeon's office, I kinda get the feeling they want to wash their hands of me. Like I'm a hypochondriac or something. I'm  not. I'm really in pain and I'm really scared. I don't know where to turn.
boxermom
on 5/1/11 6:46 am - MI
You need to call your surgeon tomorrow.  They may tell you its normal or he may want to do a scope to see whats going on in there.  I dont think they would withold any information when there is a possiblity of lawsuit for hiding malpractice.  if you feel that the original surgeon isnt trustworthy, then please go see your normal dr.

please keep us updated.

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

skinnymeforever
on 5/1/11 6:10 am, edited 5/24/11 10:20 pm - AZ
boxermom
on 4/29/11 8:16 am - MI
Topic: RE: TGIF! WEEKEND PLANS? CHIME IN!
Hey Ann,

Just make sure you tell someone where and when you will be!  But, I have met at least 10 new friends in person from OH.  I used to tell my husband that i was getting together with the 'Internet People' like they were aliens or something!  Once he met them and found that they were awesome people, then he was cool with it.  Husbands worry a lot....

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 4/29/11 7:33 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
sleeeeeeeeep on sat and then go to a brunch for volunteers for and org where i know people only online (scares the crap outta me!).  we'll see if i survive until monday!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

anninva
on 4/29/11 7:24 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: RE: Introduction
jeez louise stephanie! i'm sorry for all your trials and tribulations. suck central. i am in awe of you for living with chronic pain and illness and still kicking that prednisone weight's ass and training for the mini-marathon. i can't even get myself to walk around the block!!! hope you'll post often and let us know how you're doing! ((((((hugs))))

anninva
on 4/29/11 6:59 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: RE: My intro...
Hi!  glad you're here.  sounds like you have a lot going on!!  we all do to a greater or lesser extent depending on the day/week/year.

i know what you mean about meds and weight gain.  i gained my first significant weight (50 lbs) in a month on a tricyclic.  my pdoc was astonished.  as was my pelvis, which proceeded to get a stress fracture, lol.  i also gained a boat-load on Remeron, which i finally told the doc i wouldn't take b/c it was lowering my mood rather than raising it!  Seroquel certainly rots when it comes to weight gain -- i have several friends taking it and zooooom up goes the appetite and weight.

on a side note, i'm also from new england.  i grew up in portland, me and i have family in vt: burlington, charlotte, essex junction, and s. royalton.  teeny, tiny world!

congrats on getting a whopping 5 steps of 9 done!  you're more than half way there.

take care and good like for your boyfriend and the SSI -- the SSA sux!!

Carla M.
on 4/28/11 11:04 pm
No big plans for me this weekend. Date with my wonderful boyfriend on Saturday to used music stores and record stores, then back to the apartment to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. Well, unless it's nice out (which I doubt), then we'll hike or take a walk.

Can't wait to have a relaxing weekend!