Mental Health

Recent Posts

skinnymeforever
on 5/4/11 8:08 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Share your WOW moments with us!
Yesterday was the first day (after 2 months) that I looked in the mirror and saw a thinner me.  I've been so focused on my illness since surgery that I didn't pay attention to the weight loss at all. I've lost 38 lbs since surgery. Also, today, I contacted my insurance company about getting some help through the depression and I contacted my PCP to get an appt with him for more help with my pain.  Little baby steps help.

Charity W.
on 5/4/11 8:04 am - Lawton, OK
Topic: RE: I don't know what to think
 When i was early out and even sometimes now...when i eat it hurts...i get a pains in my side...in my back and feels like something is hung in my throat. Can't say I relate to the eyes though. But can agree with the no stamina. Honestly, I dont follow my water or calorie intake. I take in what I can.

skinnymeforever
on 5/4/11 5:32 am - AZ
Why do you feel the same way? Do you have ulcers too?  ARe you able to get all your fluids in? How many calories are you eating?
Charity W.
on 5/4/11 5:28 am - Lawton, OK
 For 2 months out...it sounds about right to me to eat about 3 bites or so and feel the pain and what you describe. I felt the same way. But if it continues and you are concerned then I would definitely get a second opinion from another surgeon if you can. 

Charity W.
on 5/4/11 5:13 am - Lawton, OK
 My daughter got me a size 20 for my birthday in November and I tried them on about a month ago and had about an inch and a half to go before they would fit. Had a derby bout to go to on saturday night and thought what the heck and tried them on again and they fit..matter of fact...they weren't not even close to being tight. What surprises me though is...I still don't see it. Go figure.

skinnymeforever
on 5/3/11 8:35 am - AZ
No - I didn't post it.  I am just trying hard to get all my fluids in today no matter the pain. It's 3:30 and I still need to get in 27 so I'm not sure I'm gonna make it. I transferred my surgery  files to my PCP today and after I hear from him, I will make an appointment with my PCP to see if he will put me on an anti-depressant. So, that's where I am. Just trying to get through the day one day at a time. Thanks for checking.
boxermom
on 5/3/11 8:07 am - MI
we dont mind you coming by to vent.  its best if u get it off ur chest anyways.  did anyone offer any advice out there on the main board?
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

skinnymeforever
on 5/3/11 12:46 am - AZ
I post to the main board all the time. I'm just whining I guess. I need to buck up and get through it some how. I'm getting dehydrated again and that's probably most of my problem. At least this is what the nurse tells me. I really need to see a shrink but I don't have the money for the co-pay so I'm going to either get through this or die trying.
anninva
on 5/2/11 11:44 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
i'm with the mom of the boxer, post to main board, get some ideas from more people, and consider another surgeon if you really feel these guys are giving you the run-around. i'm so sorry you're having this this experience. (((hugs)))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

anninva
on 5/2/11 1:42 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
B-mom! good idea! i agree about the bath towel. i can't remember when the last time was that i could do that! i also love fitting into movie theater seats, not needing a seatbelt extender on an airplane, and going down 3 sizes in pants (some more than others!).

what else, folks?!?!?!??!?

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers