Mental Health

Recent Posts

anninva
on 6/1/11 11:21 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: RE: Stress out
Cathie!  It sounds like you've got so much going on.  please don't be mad at yourself for the slip-up with the pie.  it happens.  you know to get back with the program as soon as you can and jsut to be kind to yourself during all this stress.  i know i can't really change all your stresses, but (((((hugs))) and let us know how things are going! 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

cathiec
on 5/26/11 12:45 pm - Toms River, NJ
Topic: Stress out
Right now I am completly stress out first my sister will be going for her 3 surgery in a month and half we are hoping for her to make it till next week when all the test are run and not have to go for emergency surgery again! Also I was supposed to go for neck surgery on june 8 it has now being reschedule until july 13 i am hoping that will work and get me out of the pain i am presently in.
I just ate two pieces of choc pudding pie I didn't even think about it till after ate Iam so mad at my self
I got get a hold of myself it has to get better
Cathie

anninva
on 5/23/11 6:45 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: Monday, Monday . . .
hey folks!!!  let's get some motion goin'!!!!!!  it's monday in my world today and the day has been so hectic that i haven't eaten all day and it's 4:30.  not good.  at that point where i'm not even hungry!

how is everyone's week going or how does it look like it's going to be.  i feel like mine is going to be long and frustrating and i'm sick of talking to people with problems on the helpline where i work (i'm a social worker) when i feel crappy myself, but hey, it keeps me off the streets!

check on in!  ((((((((hugs))))) to all

anninva
on 5/18/11 12:13 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: it's HUMP DAY!!!! how is everyone's week going?!?!?!!?
Hi guys,

sorry i haven't been tending to the group very well.  new at this moderating thing!

thought i would just check in and see how we are all doing!

I'll start:  first of all, i'm very excited that it's wednesday and i'll be even happier when it's 6:00 and i can go home!

i'm feeling a little bumpy right now.  meds are okay, i think, but i'm excavating some stuff in therapy that has been buried/stuck for a long time and it's making me a little weepy and depressed.  I'm in once-a-week therapy, went last night, and now i'm feeling wobbly and sad.

hope hump day cheers me up a little!

so, howze about the rest of you?!?!?!?  Chime in!!

thethinme
on 5/15/11 12:05 pm - NY
Topic: RE: I don't know what to think
I felt pretty bad until 3rd month as well and now things are getting better. I also think 3 bites is normal at this phase for VSG. I also lacked stamina and energy. I had constant headaches too.

I feel I can eat a little more now. Also, I am finally getting to know what I can hold so I overeating less (1 bite more would cause me to throw up) and I know my limits better.

it's also a mindset. I also felt I was starving myself to death but true is human beings don't need to eat as much as they usually do. I just did my yearly check up and 3 months post-op labs and everything came better than before surgery, perfect labs really.

I am still struggling mentally with eating so little and feeling full, but I am becoming more used to it as time goes by and I do feel I will be able to eat a little more as the time goes by.

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

anninva
on 5/13/11 6:40 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: RE: Depressed over mini marathon
awww, stephanie, i'm so sorry.  there's not much you could have done about the bowel obstruction though and you need to heal before you get out there again.  i agree with boxermom that you've doubtless built up stamina that you didn't have before.  i couldn't walk or run a 5K if my life depended on it!!!  and there's nothing physically wrong with me besides being a big ol' slug!!!!

take care, sweetie!!!  ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

boxermom
on 5/9/11 10:27 am - MI
Topic: RE: Depressed over mini marathon
 hey stephanie,

i am soooo sorry about your hospital stay.  it mustve been very painful.  just take it easy sweetie. please dont think that training you did wasnt worth it cuz it all builds stamina, right?.  but the good thing is there are many 5k's this time of year for alot of causes.  maybe you can do one of those?  or several?  i just hope you feel better quickly.  take care of yourself.  keep training though!

bm
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

severman
on 5/8/11 5:59 am - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: Depressed over mini marathon
This is the second time that I have trained to do the mini marathon and didn't get to do it!!  I spent Sunday to Thursday in the hospital with a partial bowel obstruction.  The doctors all told me not to even attempt to walk in the mini marathon yesterday.  But I was determined!  I went to the pharmacy on Friday to pick up my medicine and barely made it thorugh the store.  I just want to crawl in bed and stay there forever!!!!!!!

Stephanie E 
boxermom
on 5/7/11 10:20 pm - MI
Topic: HOW ABOUT A SHOUT OUT TO ALL MOMS!
Good Morning!

Hey moms, what are your plans for today?  What did you get from your children?  Your husband?  What did you get your mom?

My 12 yr old is making me eggs this morning, well when he wakes up and my 7 yr old has made something special for me at school.  I cant wait.

I HOPE someone decides to clean the house for me too [husband?]

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

skinnymeforever
on 5/4/11 8:29 am - AZ
Topic: RE: I don't know what to think
Charity:

You're kinda adding to my downer....:)  You are six months out!  How can you possibly deal with this that long?  The only thing that keeps me going is that I may be normal again.  Even though you are adding to my sadness, I also feel a connection.  I've found nobody but extremely happy, eating wonderful foods, no pain people on these sites.  Can you please tell me why you are having these issues?  Do you know?