Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » Wow, what a challen...

Wow, what a challenge I've Had...

boxermom
on 6/28/11 8:32 pm - MI
My 12 yr old son just had reconstructive surgery on his left foot.  I stayed over night in the hospital with him last night.  We lost track of the pain meds and let his pain level escalate to the point he was crying.  I could barely hold it together.  Holding back the tears was extremely hard for me.  I have been getting weepy lately anyway.  [Dr. is aware]  Once he got morphine and fell asleep I lost it.  The nurses were concerned about me.  I finally pulled it together and got my 'mom strength' back.  I worry when he comes home that I won't be able to handle these situations.  I guess this is where some of those anti-anxiety meds come in handy.

Anyways, I just needed to write down my feelings.  Hope nobody minds that I journaled here.

BM

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 7/15/11 3:02 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
(((((((((((hugs))))))))

sounds just awful and i'm sure it brought up a lot of stuff for you.  i'm sorry i wasn't here to answer your original post -- i was on vacation the week ending July 4th and have just been catching up with things!

i know it must be so hard to see your child in pain.  i can't imagine.  i'm glad the nurses were there for you, even if you freaked them out a little.  i think nurses rock!!

glad your pdoc is on the case re: your weepiness.  always good to have that support.

i'll be posting more -- trying to catch up!

((((((((((((((((((boxermom))))))))))))))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Teena A.
on 7/22/11 7:09 pm - Mesquite, TX
 Glad you were able to pull your inner mom strength out to help him.

Sorry he is in the hospital.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and is home soon.

Have you talked to your psychiatrist or therapist about this?

If not it might not be a bad idea.

Also check out NAMI or DBSA in your area. 

They have great support groups.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler