Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » Accountability - We...

Accountability - Week Two - How is your Weekend going?

boxermom
on 6/18/11 8:31 pm - MI
Happy Fathers Day!

Just checking in to see how your weekend is progressing.  How are things with your emotionally?  Do you have any issues that have come up that you would like to get out?  Or that you need help with?  What about getting some ME time in, have you been able to do that?

How is the wls post op diet going?  Were you able to get in 10 mins of exercise yet?

please share with us, we love to hear from everyone!

bm

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 6/18/11 8:39 pm - MI
To answer some of my questions..... I think I am coming along fine with my emotional health.  The issue I am dealing with currently is having my 7 yr old tested for adhd.  She is going through a series of evaluations now.  The problem I have is dealing with temper tantrums.  Trying to figure out the trigger and to keep it from excalating.  Its very hard with my bipolar to control my feelings as well as dealing with the stress!  Thats why we are both getting help.

I did have some ME time alone this weekend.  It was refreshing with no kids around.  Got to catch up on some journaling.

As far as the diet goes, still a work in progress.  But I did get walking in.

ttys,

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

severman
on 6/20/11 2:25 am - Indianapolis, IN
 I have been wanting to go back to school for a long time.  I want to become a bariatric nurse due to all my complications along my wls journey.  I have been out of school so long that I had to retake the placement tests.  I started taking the test and right away had difficulty with the college level algebra so in my head I started retreating.  Thinking I can't do this.  Come to find out that I scored below college level on the reading section, but I was close.  I feel soo stupid and am really depressed over it.  I was always in the advanced classes in school and never really had any problems.  Now I am second guessing myself on whether or not I will even be able to handle the classes if I can't pass the basic test!  I was so embarassed and didn't know what to tell everyone when they asked how my test went.  I just wanted to cry.  I wouldn't have told anyone the truth how it went except for the fact my friend was standing there when I heard my results.  She told my sister and the word spread from there.  She only told her that because she was worried at how depressed I was and wasn't sure how to help.  I'm not mad at her or anything.  I have always felt like a failure because I am the only child out of my family of five that does not have a college degree.  
So that is what I am dealing with that I needed to get out.

I think the only thing that kept me from totally spiraling down into a major depressive episode was the fact that we had our annual camping and theme park trip planned.  We had that this weekend.  We camped in the middle of some major storms and everything got wet!  In spite of the rain I still managed to have fun.  I got in plenty of exercise at the water park climbing up the steps to get on the water slides.

Thanks for letting me vent!  I feel a little better just writing down how I felt.  

Stephanie E
boxermom
on 6/20/11 8:34 pm - MI
Stephanie,

Hey,,,its okay.  I took those placement tests too.  I scored low in math and all they do is put you in a course that gets you up to speed.  I don't know if it counts toward your credit hours, but they don't refuse to accept you into college.  Those tests just give them an idea where to start your education.  Plus, you can always postpone college and take a night class at the local high school. This will get you used to studying and taking tests.   Also, I strongly recommend that you take one class at first.  Or one class online.  Get your feet wet.  See how you handle the stress.  From what I heard, the Professors dont do one on one based classes anymore.  They put you in groups of 10 or so and you are expected to work it out from there.  Its a whole different ball game now.  My friend from my day program for stress told her professor about her condition BPD and that she may need some special exceptions once in a while.  And the school was more than happy to accomodate her.  Don't give up, its not an 'all or nothing' situation.  Its a 'take on step at a time' situation.
  Please don't just give up, because it will be so rewarding as you complete each goal you set.

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 6/20/11 8:46 pm - MI
Good Tues morn all,

Well, its been a trying week already.  Dealing with temper tantrums from my 7 yr old is wearing me down mentally and physically.  But, i cant just throw in the towel, because i am a parent first and fore most.  I have my 12 yr old here for the summer and he is a great help.

I have been able to get some exercise everyday, but not much.  I am eating less which is a blessing.  I also have type I diabetes so the less I eat, the more controlled my sugars are.

Everyone keep posting, we love to hear from you, good or bad.  We are here to listen.

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 6/21/11 3:02 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
pretty pathetic that even i haven't been on here!!!!  i went to zumba last week and totally zonked out at the end: lett the room and coudn't catch my breath, light-headed, had to lie down, put my feet up on a chair, someone from the class went and got me a protein bar . . . sooooooo embarrassing!!!!  next time i go will be for 1/2 hour only to start and work my way up to an hour.  may do 10 mins today of walking in my neighborhood.  have been having early-waking/anxiety insomnia b/c my partner is out of town, so feeling really sick and run-down.  kinda low mood too, but usually not sinking all the way down to depression land.  better living thru chemistry!

i do feel like crap right now though.  crunchy eyes and panic chest.  oh well.  she'll be home tomorrow night.

i see the surgeon and also the exerecise dude at my program tomorrow so think of me exercising at 7:30 a.m., puke!!  Since i'm not an early riser and have kitties and not kiddies, this will be quite a feat!!!!  hey!  that's excercise.  no 10 mins today!

shannon -- pls don't let the testing stuff get you too down.  they're really placement tests and if you've been out of school for a while (who hasn't!) then it just makes one rusty!!  take a couple of classes to get back up to snuff and get used to being in school and you'll be much more comfortable when you get to the nursing program.  it's always a shock.  and, as boxermom says, the disability office at the college should be able to help out with any accomodations you need.  you CAN do it!!!!!

(((((((((hugs)))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

boxermom
on 6/21/11 7:42 pm - MI
Just checking in mid-week with everyone.  Does anyone have anything going on they need assistance with?  We are here to help!

I have been walking at the dog park without Leo.  I know, weird, but its a park and its exercise and there are dogs there!  Plus I get to update Leo's friends on his progress with his paw healing.

I have been eating a lot of eggs and not so good meat, like hotdogs, etc.  But I have lowered the carbs this week.  Its a slow process coming off of the carbs, but my goal is to be under 15 carbs per day by the end of this month.  Wish me luck!

Please, POST AWAY, we like seeing everyone's successes and obstacles.  That way we don't feel so alone in our journey....

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 6/24/11 12:07 am - MI
good morning!

having a rough week emotionally.  been trying to journal as much as possible.  my food choices are getting better.  i think because i just feel better when i stick to the wls diet.

how is everyone else doing?

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw