Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » Let's get moving, 1...

Let's get moving, 10 minutes at a time!

anninva
on 6/13/11 3:08 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hi all,

thank boxermom for this great idea!  it's so hard for us to get moving -- i think depression just sucks the soul out of you, and other things that we're all dealing with can really rag you out too.

i want to stop being mean to myself about exercise and i hope we can all try for that.  i know it's a hard one!

boxermom had a great idea, which was to just try for ten minutes.  just ten minutes.  doing anything that involves moving -- a walk, swimming, dancing to a cd or a music station if you have one on your cable tv line-up.

so, this is the 10-minute challenge.  post what you did for 10 minutes today!!!!  even if you hate exercising as much as i  do (and i HATE it), let's give it a go.  

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

boxermom
on 6/13/11 9:51 pm - MI
Ann,

I didn't walk my 10 mins yesterday, but my goal is to walk it by lunch time today.  How did you do yesterday with that goal?

bm

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 6/13/11 11:25 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
boxermom -- cute puppies, by the way! i accomplished nothing of my goal yesterday. i am going to zumba class #2 tonight, so that's a good clump of exercise. will let you know if i actually get there! ann

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

boxermom
on 6/14/11 9:17 pm - MI
boxermom
on 6/14/11 9:18 pm - MI
boxermom
on 6/14/11 9:20 pm, edited 6/14/11 9:21 pm - MI
Ann,

i love my boxer.  he is soo good, well, now that he is 3 he is good.  still bouncy and playful.  and he loves his friend Minnie, the second dog in the pic.  they are kindred spirits.  he relaxes me, when i talk to him and pet him the tension is released from my body.  we have been on the DL list for about 17 days now so he can recover from an injury at the dog park.

i53.photobucket.com/albums/g74//photo2.jpg

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw