Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » anyone else just wa...

anyone else just want to veg when you should be exercising???

anninva
on 6/9/11 2:15 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hi all,

i have a question b/c this makes me so mad at myself and i don't know what to do.  or, really, i know what to do and then i don't and then i just hate myself.

i have a trainer who comes every six weeks or so -- the exercises aren't bad and when she's there i basically enjoy them  and then i never (and i mean never) do anything until i see her again.  and i get so angry with myself!!!!  and i'm supposed to try a zumba class this week (and have paid for one to get myself to go) and i haven't gone AND i lied to my nice (but athletic) friend at work about going b/c i was so ashamed that i hadn't.

i'm just so tired after work that all i can do or all i do, is curl up in the corner of my couch and snooze.  i feel awful about it.  but it's all i want to do.  and i'm not an early riser so it's after work for me and then i'm so tired, as i've said.

arrrrrrrrgh!!!!  any ideas???  anyone else feel this way???? 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Fatmamma
on 6/9/11 1:13 pm - Austin, TX
I don't do anything but come home from work eat.craft and watch tv. I never have been a exerciser except weekends when I can go to the pool. Working 9am to 7pm not many hours left to exercise. We just gunna have to figure it out. A friend told me if I didn't want to go out and wanted to watch tv to PACE AROUND WHEN I WATCH TV. Good idea gunna stat that
Wild One    
boxermom
on 6/10/11 7:48 pm - MI
Ann,

You just wrote 'a day in the life of Boxermom'!  Sometimes our days are so mentally and physically exhausting its hard to keep motivated, let alone keep our head off our pillows!!!! 

Maybe what you [and me] can try is to set a goal of doing 10 mins 3x per week of zumba/walking/fill in the exercise here...  And then the next week, make it 15 mins, so on and so fourth. 

Lets start slow, and maybe have some peanut butter or a protein shake before our workout, so it energizes us.  I wouldnt eat dinner prior to working out, you know how it makes you sleepy!  And reward yourself after your work out.  Like a long hot bath, a dip in the pool, a long cold shower, something relaxing. 

I am willing to do this with you.  We can be accountable on the board.  Lets post our progress, when we work out, when we dont.  We can add to a discussion topic we've created.  Like, "Accountability - Food and Exercise Week 1" or something like that.  What do you think?

I will do it for sure and make it my journal.  I don't think anyone will mind, do you?

bm

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

boxermom
on 6/11/11 8:11 am - MI
hi ann -

just wanted to check in and let you know i was able to walk for 10 mins today.  I need to start out slow and work my way up.  as far as wise food choices, not good at all.  too many carbs for sure.  kinda cancels out the walk!

bm

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 6/13/11 2:51 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hey there boxermom -- go for it! i actually made it to the zumba class on saturday -- my partner went with me just to get me there and that really helped. it was HARD and i had to stop a few times, but it was actually fun. so i accomplished one of my goals! i plan on going to a class tuesday night. i get out of work early that day (used to have a therapist appt, then switched to once a week but still leave at 4:00, mwah, ha, ha)so i'm going to go home, have a snack and then go to the class. that's my plan. i have to not beat myself up if i don't do it.

my other goal for the week is to get into the pool at our complex while it's cool enough (80s) before it gets hot again (90s) b/c i can't stand the heat! i'm gonna post a challenge-y thing, sticky it and see what happens! let's get this party started!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers