Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » Depressed over mini...

Depressed over mini marathon

severman
on 5/8/11 5:59 am - Indianapolis, IN
This is the second time that I have trained to do the mini marathon and didn't get to do it!!  I spent Sunday to Thursday in the hospital with a partial bowel obstruction.  The doctors all told me not to even attempt to walk in the mini marathon yesterday.  But I was determined!  I went to the pharmacy on Friday to pick up my medicine and barely made it thorugh the store.  I just want to crawl in bed and stay there forever!!!!!!!

Stephanie E 
boxermom
on 5/9/11 10:27 am - MI
 hey stephanie,

i am soooo sorry about your hospital stay.  it mustve been very painful.  just take it easy sweetie. please dont think that training you did wasnt worth it cuz it all builds stamina, right?.  but the good thing is there are many 5k's this time of year for alot of causes.  maybe you can do one of those?  or several?  i just hope you feel better quickly.  take care of yourself.  keep training though!

bm
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 5/13/11 6:40 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
awww, stephanie, i'm so sorry.  there's not much you could have done about the bowel obstruction though and you need to heal before you get out there again.  i agree with boxermom that you've doubtless built up stamina that you didn't have before.  i couldn't walk or run a 5K if my life depended on it!!!  and there's nothing physically wrong with me besides being a big ol' slug!!!!

take care, sweetie!!!  ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers