Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » Share your WOW mome...

Share your WOW moments with us!

boxermom
on 5/1/11 8:44 pm - MI
Happy Monday All,

Lets start the week of on a positive note.  Please post your favorite WOW momensts since your WLS.

My fav WOW moment was when I could take a normal sized bath towel and wrap it around my body.  I was so happy.  And also to fit in the bathtub comfortably.  And also to look forward to exercising instead of dreading it..... so many really.....

BM

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 5/2/11 1:42 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
B-mom! good idea! i agree about the bath towel. i can't remember when the last time was that i could do that! i also love fitting into movie theater seats, not needing a seatbelt extender on an airplane, and going down 3 sizes in pants (some more than others!).

what else, folks?!?!?!??!?

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Charity W.
on 5/4/11 5:13 am - Lawton, OK
 My daughter got me a size 20 for my birthday in November and I tried them on about a month ago and had about an inch and a half to go before they would fit. Had a derby bout to go to on saturday night and thought what the heck and tried them on again and they fit..matter of fact...they weren't not even close to being tight. What surprises me though is...I still don't see it. Go figure.

skinnymeforever
on 5/4/11 8:08 am - AZ
Yesterday was the first day (after 2 months) that I looked in the mirror and saw a thinner me.  I've been so focused on my illness since surgery that I didn't pay attention to the weight loss at all. I've lost 38 lbs since surgery. Also, today, I contacted my insurance company about getting some help through the depression and I contacted my PCP to get an appt with him for more help with my pain.  Little baby steps help.

sublimate
on 6/8/11 9:02 am - San Jose, CA
My biggest wow moment when I was able to walk around an amusement park with my son for 8+ hours straight and have fun and lots of energy and fit on all of the rides.

You see prior to my WLS I had to sit at home while my husband and MIL took my son to his first Disneyland trip.. I was too fat to keep up with the walking and to fit on any rides and I wasn't going to go and humiliate everyone in one of those carts.

On top of that I paid for the whole trip as a birthday gift for my husband and MIL and I couldn't even enjoy what I spent my money on as a side bar. Not being able to go to Disneyland with my son, who is my whole world, was one of the worst and most painful fat experiences I've ever had.

My goal is to take him to Disneyland this October for his 7th birthday. Now that I've been going to the amusement park locally on a regular basis I feel confident I'll be able to meet my October dream goal.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift