Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » Wednesday's Check I...

Wednesday's Check In...How was your Day????

boxermom
on 4/27/11 9:26 am - MI
hi everyone!

just wanted to check in with you all and see if you guys had a better day today.  I forgot to post a RAVE yesterday.  I got to go to the dog park for over an hour!  The weather was finally sunny and warm so I jumped at the chance to take my boxer for some muddy fun.  I love it there so much!  I left there so relaxed and at peace.  My car was filled with muddy paw prints but who cares!  My boy loved running around with all his furry friends.

Today, work was well, work.  I am not gonna complain or anything, I am lucky to be employed :)

I am just about to play Wii Dance Party 2 with my little one.  then probably Barbies....

bm
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

Carla M.
on 4/27/11 10:10 am
Good day today. Learned there are still some really wonderful people left in this world. Also learned that I truly do love the vet i take my cat to. I was even thinking about how blessed I am today. Somedays I am really amazed at how lucky I am. Everything that I was stressed over found a way to get worked out.

Now I get to spend a fantastic evening snuggling with my amazing boyfriend and healthy kitty. Can't get any better than that.
boxermom
on 4/27/11 8:42 pm - MI
yay Carla!

so, the vet is willing to work with you about pymts?  I am so happy for you.  Nothing worse than worrying over your pet.  I do that often.  Non Pet people dont realize the attachment you have to them....

I am so happy you had a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love hearing that!

bm

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

peggyann5
on 4/28/11 6:44 am
Hello to all, I am very excited about this forum. I feel like we have friends here and none of us have even met. I think my banding surgery will be in June. I am a little scared (well maybe a lot) but hopefully it will all go well. My daughter also loves her dog just like he was her child, he is precious, he spends the nite with me a lot, and some people do not realize the attachment we have to our pets. Well Friday is almost here and we have had a good week at work, by the way I cook , drive a bus and help in the office at a local daycare, we have 160 children and I love my work.Everybody have a wonderful nite.
boxermom
on 4/27/11 8:48 pm - MI
Carla,

disregard the last post!  i just read your other post on the board.  I love pawn shops.  [and love Pawn Stars reality show]  I am glad to hear that the guy was so willing to give you what you needed to get your baby.  Believe me, i have been there.  No longer have my wedding ring or my mothers day ring :(   but its an option when you are desperate. 

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

Carla M.
on 4/27/11 10:42 pm
Atleast the payments to him will be minimal and I will be able to get my stuff back. I think it worked out to $34.27 a month and he'll hold them indefinitely, as long as I keep making the payments.

Believe me, I really wantedd to be so mean to that other vet, but I sucked it up and was nice anyway. I just pulled him out early and took him to my cat's regular vet.

So sorry about your rings! I know all about that though. I've sold jewelry, instruments, cameras, etc. I'm down to the last few things of value that I have. At least I'll be able to get them back in case of another emergency. Looking into something called carecredit as well. Or maybe pet insurance. Apparently, what was wrong with him will be a lifelong problem.

Non-pet people drive me nuts sometimes. Well, so did my family this time!!! "Just put him down. You can have 12 cats for the proce they want!" Really?!?! My sister just kept telling me that you have to make hard decisions sometimes and putting him down is one of them. I told her right back that my hard decision was finding the money to keep him alive. He really is my baby. Glad he's home!
anninva
on 4/27/11 11:51 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
oh, carla, i'm with you!  i could never have a sick cat put down.  we only put down our 19 y.o. boy when he was paralyzed in his back legs and had zero quality of life.

this is late, but i had a really hard wednesday.  this doesn't compare to the financial woes we all have, but my mom has sold the house i grew up in and somehow that is breaking my heart.  can't stop crying.  lived there since 1963.  so sad.  not doing my depression much good!

all hugs gratefull accepted.  maybe i should have started another post for thursday, as i'm late for weds.  dunno.  just thought i'd add on.

bipolar and money as a combo really do suck.  i work with several people with bipolar in my dept at tne mental health non-profit i work for and i know from talking to them how hard it is.  i'll stick with depression,anxiety, and ptsd any day!

((((((((hugs))))))) to all.

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

peggyann5
on 4/28/11 8:15 am
Just sending ((((HUGGGGGS))))))your way, sure hope your days get brighter.