Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » How will you spend ...

How will you spend ME time today?

boxermom
on 4/2/11 11:53 pm - MI
I have always thought that everyday, we need to do something for OURSELVES.  Something that we truly enjoy that will help us relax and relieve the stresses of the day.  Sometimes its sitting down and reading a couple chapters of a book.  Or a bubble bath.  A favorite t.v. show.  Personally I like to spend time at the dog park with my 3 yr old Boxer.  Its relaxing because its nature at its purest.  Watching dogs be dogs is enjoyable for me :)

What will you do today?

Me:  since its cold and rainy today, I will probably indulge in a nap....

BM

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 4/4/11 11:13 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
totally with you on the nap!!!!  it's lashing rain outside and cold (79 yesterday, 58 today) and nothing sounds better than curling up on the couch in front of a hot tv.  feeling unusually tired today (death in the family yesterday), so sacking out is VERY appealing.  trying to  mend my couch potato ways, but can't seem to exercise  . . .

who else?!?!?

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

nfarris79
on 4/9/11 8:42 am - Germantown, MD
 ME time depends on the need IMO. When I need connection, I'll go on the RNY forum, call friends, etc. When I need pampering, I LOVE getting pedicures. That may change when I can actually reach my feet and can do some DIY pedi. As a very quick de-stressor, I do some deep breathing. I agree that nature is a good focus and helps one reconnect & be grounded.....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.