Mental Health

Good Morning!

boxermom
on 3/30/11 8:00 pm - MI
Good Morning Group -

My name is Bee and I am almost 4 yrs post op from Rny.  I stumbled upon this post through the Revision Board as I am considering a revision to a DS or BOB.  I have regained approx 35 lbs and I now re-qualify for wls....

About 6 months after I had surgery, I became very manic [ in a Charlie Sheen - WINNING kinda way ].  Behaving carelessly and drinking, not caring of the consequences.  Then I hit the low, so I sought help [ crying at work, high anxiety ].  I was tested twice for bi-polar and then diagnosed with it.  I had originally thought that my behavior was due to losing weight [ new level of confidence ] or hormones.  I was wrong.  I believe I have been bi-polar for many years, but never found the right doctor to recognize it. 

I guess my point is, don't wait until you are spiraling out of control to seek help.  Sometimes, its more serious than you think and its safest to see someone, even if its your PCP at first.

I hope this forum is a sounding board for us who struggle with Mental Illness.  To present our problems, issues, conflicts or rants and raves and get some real life advice from those who have lived through it.

I look forward to hearing from you all.  Remember 'MOM' - Mind Over Matter :)

Bee
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

anninva
on 4/4/11 11:18 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Hi Bee!

Glad you're feeling more even, though re-gain sux.  bipolar is so hard to diagnose -- i know people go for years with the wong or no diagnosis.  everyone in my dept is bipolar except me.  LOL  i work in a mental health agency (i'm a social worker) on a helpline and we're like the "consumer" department.  we have a lot of fun though and it's nice to work with people who are up-front with their illness and living well for the most part (with some blips).

i'm glad you're out of your Charlie Sheen stage (definitely something going on there!) and back to duh -- Winning with the bipolar.

thanks for being here and posting!  i hope this will be a supportive place too!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers