Mental Health

Groups » Mental Health » Discussion » Introduce Myself

Introduce Myself

SingingSkinny
on 3/24/11 7:59 am - Rosholt, WI
My name is Doreen. I am 47 years old. I had the gastric sleeve done in Dec. 2010. I have battled depression for many years and still do. It put my surgery on delay so I had to wait a year before I the doc would give me the go-ahead. I also suffer from a food addiction which just fuels the depression. It is a vicious circle.
anninva
on 3/28/11 1:24 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Hi Doreen!  Welcome to the group (which seems to be you and me at this moment).  i hope more people fnd us -- i know i was really interested in finding a mental health group.

i know all too well about depression and anxiety and i've been battling them for years too.  i seem to be pretty stable right now (saw the pdoc on tues and don't have to go back for 2mos which is a new record these days) but am still prone to falling into places of feeling awful or super anxious.

i didn't have to wate a year, but the psych didn't give me a glowing report, so i was worried for a while that it was screwed up, but it finally went okay.

i'm here for support (and you are too!), so let me know how you are and we'll keep in touch!

so happy you found the group!!!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

boxermom
on 3/30/11 8:19 pm - MI
Doreen, 

Just wanted to give you my support for continuing to struggle with depression.  Hopefully we all can offer you advice or kind words to get you through each battle.

bm

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw