Christian Support Group

Recent Posts

Alicia W.
on 6/17/09 9:45 pm - Ephrata, WA
Topic: RE: Is it ok as a Christian to have WLS???
Yes.  God wants us to be happy and healthy.  He will guide and comfort you.  I do not regret my surgry (I'm 5 yrs out).  Having my WLS makes me want to help others I see who are where I was,  Pray about it.  Let the Holy Spirit speak to you.  I think you'll find that once you pray about this and open your heart to God's guidence,  you will feel peace. 
ksmidnite
on 6/17/09 9:21 pm - centereach, NY
Topic: just wanted to say hello

Hi new to this group. I am always looking for other christians on this website and want to soak up as much as I can from other people about how they love God. Thanks for starting the group and may God bless you

In Christ
Karyn

Lauren M.
on 6/15/09 12:32 pm
Hey thanks! That is very helpful. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.
Lauren

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Joie
on 6/14/09 8:54 pm - Shingle Springs, CA
Hi Lauren,
Sometimes we need to go directly to God for those answers because ... what other people say or think really doesn't matter, it is something you have to discover. But ...

I think it certainly is a question that we have all asked as well. If I only had enough faith. We all know if our faith was strong enough, we could move a mountain, and I don't know anyone that has moved a mountain without the help of dynomite! We have to move our mountains, one small stone at a time.

With this question, let me ask a few questions. If you had a friend that is a drug addict, or an alcoholic, shouldn't they also have faith strong enough to kick their habits without needing to check themselves into a treatment center? Society reconizes their issues as being an illness that need to be treated as an illness. Obesity has many causes, causes that have often been ignored by society and the medical industry, but it is changing. There is a disorder going on somewhere. Obesity generally is not obtained simply because one has the love of food. There are many potential causes, emotional disorders, physical disorders, chemical, hormonal imbalances, etc. all which is are very legidimate medical conditions.

We are blessed in all things that can bring glory to His name. When I struggled with these questions, I felt comforted by Him, as He helped me understand that I am His, and He understands, and offered me a new direction in my life.  I think the most important thing, is how you use this gift of new beginnings, how will you serve Him?

God Bless,
Joie

Lauren M.
on 6/8/09 4:10 am
Topic: Is it ok as a Christian to have WLS???
Hi guys, I've searched this website for like 2 days and I just found this group. I 've been looking for a Christian group on this site.  I am scheduled for lapRNY on June 19th and I am a little nervous. I want to do it 100% but I am a little hesitant because I am a Christian. Sometimes I am convicted by the fact that because I have Christ I should be able to do this on my own through willpower and self control. My Christian friends are very supportive because that's who they are but I know they don't want me to have the surgery. I guess I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and has thought about it.
Any comments either way are more than welcome.
Thanks
God Bless,
Lauren

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13