Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

MSW will not settle
on 3/23/10 4:53 am
Topic: Back on the wagon at last!
Normally I'm not big on the carbs but damned in the past few weeks when I'm "giving them up", I've been having more than usual.  Finally, after a carb bachanal on Friday they are back in check.  Naughty, naughty since for Trini's like myself the season for Carnival and bachanal ended with Lent.

I shoot to average net carbs 50g or less.  For the past couple days I'm there.  Now to stay here...   If I make my Lenten prayer and study group tonight there will be plenty of crackers.  My down fall and the only time I get them.   

Pray for me!     
So how's everyone doing???

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Mr. Incredible
on 3/20/10 12:39 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Spring Cleaning + additional and renewed comitment for lent
Great idea- with only 13 days of Lent left- it's a great idea to look at what we are doing- then adjust our eating a little! 
Detoxing is something we all should consider.
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/19/10 2:35 am, edited 3/19/10 2:36 am
Topic: Spring Cleaning + additional and renewed comitment for lent
I realized that if I eat very little food - I do not get tired and can function. Something in my food is making me sick. So I decided that starting Monday I am going on a detox diet - I will try to limit all artificial foods and flavoring, milk and cheese (except yogurt), and eat a lot of fresh and cooked veggies, fruits, nuts, and minimally processed proteins (meats and fish) and unflavored or naturally flavored whey proteins. Until monday - I will try to (gently) start getting off this stuff.

I will try to do that for 2-3 weeks and see how I feel.  I hope that it will help some of my issues. 

Also - I am giving up the alcohol for the time being.  No more wine - and the only alcohol that is allowed is in some of the herbal extracts that I take.  

So my renew commitment for the remaining time of the lent:

1. meatless Fridays
2. meatless Wednesday night (if possible)
3. no alcohol (medicinal purpose excluded)
4.No whip cream (cat already finished one can - so I can start her on the other)
5. mnimaly processed food - home cooked meats, fish etc.  No takeouts
6. No milk, cheese
7. No (or very limited) artificial sweetners, or colors
8. No soy or beans
9. No SA

A lot of fresh or frozen, cooked or not, vegetables and fruits - organic if possible
As natural as possible whey proteins powders.
Green drinks, vitamins, minerals
Home prepared foods - good quality foods.
Natural meats, fish, nuts, etc.
If possible - organic foods and drinks.
Probiotics, yogurt
Exercises, yoga, baths, and other cleansing methds to try to get rid of the toxins.
Meditation, A lot of walking

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melva
on 3/17/10 11:16 am - Gilbert, AZ
MSW will not settle
on 3/17/10 9:52 am
Topic: RE: Question Please
I use the Atkins method of carb counting which excludes sugar alcohols.   Some people include them in carb counting. 

For me, the alcohols do not make a difference.  Others find that sugar alcohols act metabolically like sugar.  

I only use Atkins protein bars because of the low net carbs. I stick to those products with protein and avoid the Endulge line which is basically low carb candy.     I like them but I want some protein for my calories. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Melva
on 3/16/10 5:12 am - Gilbert, AZ
I lost 11 pounds when I first started. now an additional pound. I think your right about the bars No more until  am ready for the maintennce.  I wake in morning with wter hwn protein  hi protein meals I dra total of 4 protein drinks per day.

Melva
Julissita
on 3/16/10 2:53 am - houston, TX
Topic: RE: Need your feedback- HELP
I started spinning this week to change things up and what a change!!! Lets see how it goes!

Thanks everyone!
Julissita
on 3/16/10 2:51 am - houston, TX
HI Melva,
Well a friend of mine and I agree that when we start with the bars we stop with the weight loss, so I would be very careful! How much weight have you lost?? WHat are you eating??? Give me some ideas!!
Talk to you soon,
Melva
on 3/15/10 12:54 am - Gilbert, AZ
Mr. Incredible
on 3/15/10 12:46 am - Canada
Good Morning Melva- great question. 

ww- has ice cream??  I never knew that- I lovvvvvveeeeeee  I cream- it is my biggest craving... I guess I will be going to the grocery store after work.

You are doing great with the carbs- but to answer your question- yes, I would be careful of the amount of sugar you are taking in.  I don't know what kind of wls you had- but it may cause you to 'dump'.  Not only should you keep an eye on sugar, but also sugar alcohol.  Remember- sugar is evil- lol- well- that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Brian
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator