Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

Mr. Incredible
on 4/1/10 6:24 am - Canada
Topic: RE: 2 more days
Great Idea H2.  This is going to be a great weekend- and a great opportunity to get out and enjoy the weather... This is  a great time of year- of new beginnings.....
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr. Incredible
on 4/1/10 6:21 am - Canada
Topic: RE: THREE MORE DAYS!!
Well done Mary!!  Don't stop!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/1/10 5:32 am
Topic: 2 more days
Hi everyone...
Countdown... For me Friday not only going to be a meatless day - but all together - easy on the food day.   Light and small meals - with a lot of veggies and fruits.  Hope I can do it, but since wine is all natural - I think I can... lol.

beside that - the weather is fantastic. And it is going to be like that for the whole weekend.  I love that.   
I feel really bad for people in NE - with all the flooding and lost of house, cars, etc.  Such a sad time for them.    
I may try to see if I can do some good deed this weekend.  Something special for a person or a group.  Not sure yet.  Keeping the holiday Ester spirit.   

call someone I have not talk to for a while to tell them I care, give someone a gift card - just because, etc.  I will think of something... 

In a meantime - I will go and get a coffee...  lol 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/1/10 3:03 am
Congratulations Mary !!!!

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mary514
on 3/31/10 12:21 pm - Louisville, KY
I am doing great.  I have lost 30 lbs. and people are noticing!  I haven't told a lot of people that I had the surgery.  I have been sticking to mostly protein with a few healthy carbs and am totally satisfied.  I would say that my experiment has been totally successful!  Thanks for coordinating this group!

Mary

MSW will not settle
on 3/31/10 4:16 am
I've eaten more carbs over this Lent than I did pre op, lol.  I'm among the early low carbers circa 1970's.  New grou*****t, I'll be cleaning up my carb act.  I'm a low carb dieter for life.  Ive known way before wls its the only way I've got a shot at keeping obesity at bay.    
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/31/10 1:09 am
I did and i am doing very good on my initial commitment for Lent. 
Not a lot of carbs, and very, very little empty carbs. No meat on Fridays, and no meat on at least one meal on Wednesday.  No whipped cream (but my cat is getting it..lol)
But I have not done as good on my follow up commitment.  But there is a great improvement.   I use much less artificial sweeteners, less cheese, less milk. 
I think I will clean my diet even more - as the time goes by.  Just one day at a time.  
I am taking more iron - so my energy is up - but now I think I developed an ulcer (partially thanks to increased iron - hurts like ...)
The weather is getting better - so my mood is also improving.  One day at a time.

sjbob
on 3/30/10 10:52 pm - Willingboro, NJ
Granted that you have three more days until Easter and the end of your experiment.  Are you going to form a new group after that with the same eating goals?  For those of you who are interested, you may want to look up the Becks Group.  It's postings by people working the Beck's Diet Solution.  Look up Becks (no apostrophe) in the search block for the Groups.  Other than that, I haven't gone exploring to see what other Groups are on OH.  Heans knows that we have a lot of Forums and now we also have a lot of Groups. 

Good luck to all of you.
Cheryl D.
on 3/30/10 9:04 am - Toronto, Canada
Hey Suzi :)

You didn't really miss anything.  It's all about getting and giving support which we can do every day of the year.  Losers For Lent is great but we can still stick together every single day, so  yeah we can keep this going for as long as any of us need to.

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Cheryl D.
on 3/30/10 8:31 am - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Less then a week to go.....
I can do ANYTHING for 3 days......... 

I am getting a good vibe here that it IS possible to go beyond Lent and keep simple carbs out of my life.  It's like a man that's no good for me.  I love em, but need to kick em to the curb.  

We can do this!

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator