Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

MSW will not settle
on 3/16/11 2:50 am
Topic: RE: LOSER DAY 8, TELL IT
How did you do yesterday? 
Missed my total cal carb ratio by just 1% and net carbs are in check.  Not too bad eh?     

How are you handling these forty days so far? 
Half @$$ed is the best term I can think of. 

What do you have planned for today?
Today is already screwed so i'm working on preventing a total clusterfkcu.     Been a naughty morning. 
MSW will not settle
on 3/16/11 2:43 am
Topic: LOSER DAY 8, TELL IT
So you've made a commitment and its time to be true to it.  We've got 32 more Losers for Lent days left.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

MSW will not settle
on 3/15/11 3:43 am
Topic: RE: 2011 LOSERS FOR LENT DAY 7
Carb control remains my mission whi*****ludes zero sugar and ff chips and pretzels.  On the snack foods its been .  Carb control, well...

Missed my 100g/ 25% total cal carb limit but made my 50g net carb limit. 

Half @$$ed is the best term I can think of.  Were this a religious quest it would not get me very far. 

Gonna try and do it right.  No disallowed snack foods; total carbs <=100g/ <=25% total calories; net carbs <=50g.  If I keep repeating this perhaps it will sink in and I'll just get it done. 

MSW will not settle
on 3/15/11 3:34 am
Topic: 2011 LOSERS FOR LENT DAY 7
ITS BEEN A WEEK PEOPLE!  What's your commitment to being a loser going to be? 

If you've already decided what you're going to do as a loser for Lent:

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

MSW will not settle
on 3/14/11 2:43 pm
Topic: RE: WHERE ARE THE 2011 LENTEN LOOSERS!
You do it girl.  Wish I were as strong. 

I have given up the small amount of sugar in my Lindt 70% dark chocolate.  The sf stuff too is more than I can handle, lol. 
MSW will not settle
on 3/14/11 11:59 am, edited 3/14/11 12:04 pm
Topic: RE: What's Happening Today Losers for Lent?
The jeans in my siggy used to be my loose fitting pants.  The ones I'd put on for all day road trips etc.  Now I'm begging for oxegen in them.  Gotta get and keep the carbs in check. 

So far so good today but there is still plenty of time for a screw up.  I need to re arrange my dinner to make up for an extra snack.  Net carbs should land under 50g easy, but total carbs are over 100g.  Not a good start to the week.  Hopefully I will behave myself for the rest of the night. 

MSW will not settle
on 3/14/11 11:01 am
Topic: What's Happening Today Losers for Lent?
Last Lenten season it low carbers. 

Some of us are still fighting that carb monster while others battle different beasts. 

Day 6, Monday:  What's your angle as a loser for lent?

MSW will not settle
on 3/14/11 10:56 am
Topic: RE: 2011
I sure do.  My carbs need to get back on track.  I've gone astray lately and the definition of 'low' is creeping up slowly.  The carb monster keeps peeking in my windows.  Before he's actually knocking at my door I'm getting back to some serious carb limits. 

First, bring total carbs down to something more resonable. 
   Max total carbs100g
   Max net carbs 50g
   Max ratio 25% total calories

Second, drop it down to level net carbs. 
   Limit 20g net carbs

What do you flks want to see? 

Mr. Incredible
on 3/14/11 12:09 am - Canada
Topic: 2011
Hello all.. where we are.. 2011- and at least for me, the same problems- dam carbs!!  lol.
Thanks to MSW for posting on here.. and trying to keep this alive.
The question is- does anyone else want to cut their carbs over the next 35 days or so?  If so, what would you like to see?

Brian

PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

MSW will not settle
on 3/13/11 1:47 pm
Topic: RE: HEY LOSERS FOR LENT 2011
Tacking on Sunday. 

My personal Loser for Lent goal is net carbs 50g or less and no ff chips or pretzels.  I'll have a very late dinner in a bit but my final results will be on point. 
Day 5, Sunday - net carbs 45.68g  / no naughty snacks

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator