Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

Mr. Incredible
on 2/17/10 11:36 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Forgive yourself if you slip, cheat, or make a mistake
Great post Bob- and your right- chances are- we may fail- but don't stop trying!!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Jody ***
on 2/17/10 10:54 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Topic: RE: 1 DOWN, 39 TO GO!!
Hi Tia!

I did o****il evening....

B - 2 protein coffees
L - white chicken chili (has carbs in the beans)
S - SF skinny latte
S - cheese stick
S - small spoon of peanut butter
D - chicken with sauteed zucchini
S - 2 beers (I drink the Select 55 which is 55 calories and like 1 carb)
S - this is where I strayed big time - half a bag of microwave popcorn...
S - glass of 1/2% milk

Fluids - did pretty good with it.  That's a big problem for me and I'm definitely trying to do better

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

justthebeginning
on 2/17/10 10:49 pm - Cambridge, MD
Topic: RE: 1 DOWN, 39 TO GO!!
Okay ~ I made it through day one too.  Not without some complications ~ I will share ~ sorry if it is TMI for any of you.

So it was my intention to do a day of fasting yesterday.  Kind of a jump start, kick-out-the carbs thing, but I didn't quite make it.  BUT, I'm not beating myself up over it, because what I did eat was good.

B - Coffee w/ splenda & s/f cream

L - Coffee w/splenda & s/f cream (Do you see a pattern?)

Well about 5:00, I was on the phone at work and a pang hit me in my stomach.  I had to abruptly end the call and run to the bathroom.  OMG ~ Can you say DUMPED.  I think it was my system trying to get out all the built up stuff out.  If that's what it was doing - it succeeded.  Needless to say, my day at work ended abruptly and I ran out of work and directly home.  (Sorry)

D - I wanted to have nothing, but I broke down and had 1 cup of imitation crab and 3 apple slices.

I did drink my water throughout the day and took my vitamins.

Scale says down 2 lbs today - only 46 more to go. 

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/10 9:58 pm - Middle River, MD
Topic: 1 DOWN, 39 TO GO!!
Okay, everyone, how'd you do on Day #1?  I am SO proud of myself, I resisted the siren call of that evil Easter nemisis - Reese's pb eggs.  Seriously, in Giant yesterday, I had nothing but good things in my cart, but did they care?  Noooooo...........they still liltingly whispered, "Tiaaaaaaaa......eat us!  We're soooooooooooooooo good!!!  And even though we're high in carbs, we contain peanut butter and you KNOW it's protein!"  LMAO!!!  Anyway, I didn't even GO down that aisle!!!  Woo-hoo!!

So, wanna tell me what you ate yesterday?  And remember, it's vital to keep up on your fluids and vitamins, too!

Me:

B - Protein coffee
     Greek yogurt with blueberries/granola

L - Chili w/cheese

S - Rice cakes/hummus

D - Rotisserie chicken
      Garlic green beans

S - Skim milk with Splenda

160 oz. of fluids!!!!

Next!!!!

Tia
MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 12:31 pm, edited 2/17/10 12:33 pm
I've learned over the year that when I screw up I have to put it aside immediately.� Like today and my no carbing.� Today should have been meatless, but I was unprepared so I winded up with breaded fishsticks and shrimp.� That does not mean I need to finish the package.� It was 'emergency' food. I have to get right back on track.�

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 12:13 pm
Topic: RE: The New Beginning (with your help)
Its getting easier for me to stray as well.  I plan my digressions but its more frequent than it should be.  I dump but not easily and I know how to work around a dump by having protein before the sweets.  

Overeaters Anonymous, see the link in my siggy, is a good resource.  I'm working on protein & produce only for Lent.  OA has meetings online every three hours 24/7.  That's how I'll do this.  ODAT (One Day At a Time).   

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 12:04 pm
Topic: RE: What I'm giving up...
Lent is a perfect time for me to de-carb.  After a year I'm tempted to slip. 

My Lenten rules:  All carbs  from fruit and veg.  No simple carbs, no whole grain carbs.  Avoid breading of any kind.  Back to the carb rules of my first six months post op.   

Cheryl D.
on 2/17/10 11:09 am - Toronto, Canada
sjbob I totally agree with you when you say don't say "I've blown it today and will start back on my program."   I've learned from many years of telling myself I will diet "tomorrow"  that tomorrow never comes.   Finally I decided not to diet but live a healthy lifestyle from Dec. 9, 2009.   Now there is only today. TODAY I can manage to get through without sugar or simple carbs I do not want or need. TODAY I have been a success.  I have committed to 40 TODAYS with ya'll and I'm so happy to be here.  Thank you for supporting us with your helpful words.

Cheryl
Cheryl D.
on 2/17/10 11:02 am - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: The New Beginning (with your help)
I'm only a bit past 2 months out so there is still time for me to heed the warning and not even open the door to carbs.  I want to keep it out of my life that's why I joined this group.  I remember that addiction well.

I quit smoking 15 months ago and try to bring some of that same strength I had to say no to nicotine and use it to say no to carbs.  So far so good............on both counts.  I got a lot of support for quitting smoking and it made a huge difference.  I believe getting and giving support here will contribute to my personal success as well as the success of the group.

sjbob
on 2/17/10 7:30 am - Willingboro, NJ
Topic: Forgive yourself if you slip, cheat, or make a mistake
We have cultivated bad eating habits for years.  If you are truly addicted to refined carbs or junk food, know that there are both psychological and physical aspects to the addiction.  It may take a few days to get all effects of the food out of your system.  Some programs refer to this as ketosis.

Try to avoid your addicting foods on a daily basis but don't give up if you slip.  I tend to go back over the 1st 3 steps of OA,  When I make a decision to turn my life and my will over to the care of God as I understand him, I begin to realize that I am not standing by myself trying to prove myself to God.  We should always be willing to ask God and our fellow support group members for help.

I told my wife this morning that intending to avoid addicting foods for Lent is a noble idea.  But, I might as well say that I plan to avoid those foods forever.  In truth, we only have today.  That is why most 12 step programs work one day at a time.  When does the day begin?  It starts as soon as you are free from the addictive food.  If you slip, cheat, or make an eating mistake, your new day starts as soon as you try to stop eating the addictive food. 

Do not say that "I've blown it today and will start back on my program."  I can say from many years of experience that that next day of clean eating may be months or even years away unless you resolve to stop having your addicting foods immediately.  Pray for help.  Post here or on another Forum.  This may be a time where the Main Forum would be helpful since someone is always responding to posts there.  You do not have to agree with any responses.  Just by posting your intent someplace, you are taking a step on the road to recovery.  And, recovery lasts a lifetime one day at a time.  sjbob

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator