Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/10 1:03 am
Topic: RE: Food- Friend or Foe?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/10 1:03 am, edited 2/18/10 1:04 am
Ron, since I like you - check my very low sugar, high protein, flourless banana - pumpkin bread.
Only bananas can be used - but they have more sugar than pumpkin and pumpkin has more fiber and more vit A.�
So fantastic bread.� Just try it.� I would send you a small one - but - by the time I get myself to send anything to anyone - is all gone.� Even my BF likes it for breakfast.� And my non RNY friends.�

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 12:58 am - Cambridge, MD
Topic: RE: 1 DOWN, 39 TO GO!!
You are too funny!  I love Captain Crunch too!  Crunch berry and P/B.  Luckily, I haven't gone there since surgery.  My issue is if I try it and get away with it, I will pu****'s limits.
Sounds just like an addict, huh?

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 12:53 am - Cambridge, MD
Evening is always the worst time for me.  During the day I keep pretty busy and if I can get through a craving (whether it's real or head related) I can usually focus on something else to take my mind off of it.  But when I get home in the evening, I can't seem to help myself.  Last night I went in my bedroom and stayed in there.  My husband (being the loving man he is) had the kids and when they came home, they smelled just like McDonalds.  I didn't know that you could actually smell that stuff on you after you have eaten. 

Lisa Z.

justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 12:50 am - Cambridge, MD
I can't believe that you're saying that either.  I mean, I know why you are probably saying that, but . . . YUCK.  It is only the 2nd time since surgery that I have ever dumped like that.  The first was on a sugar-free smoothie on my way home from a New York City trip.  Talk about pulling that car over as fast as possible to find the next rest stop!!! 

Lisa Z.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/10 12:50 am
Topic: RE: What I'm giving up...
As a Catholic - I will give up the following:  
- give up eating meat every Friday.  I will get more fish those days.  I think I can do that.  And it will be good for me.  I will try to do that for main meals also on Wednesday.  I will try to make sure that are main dishes are healthy fish.
- no more simple carbs - or even complex if they exceed the protein in a meal. 
- give up the Whipped Cream - that will be a though one.   

I barely eat any simple carbs anyway - if I do - they make me really sick.  Do I need a permission to classify 85% chocolate as a complex carbs?  It is mostly fat... and it makes me feel good, without affecting my blood sugar level.  

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/10 12:09 am - Middle River, MD
Blah, blah, blah.  LOL!!!  Well, I got what I deserved for asking my Dad to read the ingredients in the s/f cheesecake - he said 8 oz. l/f cream cheese.  BUT.....what he didn't tell me was that it was the whipped kind in the tub.  Sigh.  I think that would affect the consistency, so back to the store I go tonight. 

Um....yeah, babe, it's in the mail.  Along with the check!!!  LOL!!

And oh, hush on my post.  I do it every day on the Maryland Board - it's called "The Feed Bag," and yes, I did create it to help us be accountable.  Even at almost 5 years post-op, I STILL need to be accountable!!!

T
Mr. Incredible
on 2/17/10 11:54 pm - Canada
Topic: Food- Friend or Foe?
Let me begin by again welcoming our new members- and please share the link of this group with anyone you think may benefit from it.  The more active we all are, the increased chances of us ALL succeeding.
Another thank you to the ladies that sent me messages yesterday- yes, I think we are all on the same page- some of us miss sweets, hot foods, baked goods etc.

Tia- you mentioned in a post yesterday you were going to make up a special s/f cheesecake treat- how did it go?  Is it in the mail?  lol.

Obviously food is neither a friend or a foe- it is what we need to eat to survive.  My best friend in high school told me many moons ago- that if any government really wanted to do something good for their citizens, they would ban salt and sugar- can you imagine if either became a 'controlled substance'?  Although the idea is not with some merit- it's not realistic.  We all need to be are own 'government' to control those things that we want to eat.

Please- feel free to post.  Also- Tia started a post today which surprising is a good idea (lol- sorry- couldn't resist Tia)- she listed everything she ate yesterday- to hold herself accountable.  I think that's a great idea- and maybe we should all try to do it daily- wont take long.

Sjbob- also made a good point- If you have something you shouldn't- don't use that as an excuse to give up- just move on- it is about 'one day at a time'.  If we make a mistake- just start over again- with every ones support- we can do this.
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

MSW will not settle
on 2/17/10 11:45 pm
That supermarket story sounds like my experiences.  I swear Cap'n Crunch keeps saying "Hey girl, over here! You know you want me." when I pass the cereal ailse.  At times he even calls me a ***** lol.  How sad when Cap'n Crunch is your dream man. 

It was supposed to be meatless and carbless but I forgot and did not plan the fridge/ freezer well.  I ended up with breaded frozen sea food and all the extra carbs and fat that come with it.  I must admit although it was unplanned, it was good and different.   I ate too much of it because I had nothing else around the house. 

I'm good for today.  Lean meats ready to be cooked.  I'll be preping for another meatless day tomorrow.  No more breading.

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Mr. Incredible
on 2/17/10 11:42 pm - Canada
lol- one of my biggest addictions is caffine.  I went off coffee for about 3 months after the surgery- then tried a caffine free one- YUCK... I mean- why bother.  I ended up ordering my double/double (low fat milk/sweetner).  Atleast you dump- I don't believe I am saying this- but I wish I dumped more..

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator