Recent Posts

Mr. Incredible
on 2/18/10 10:10 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: 2 down 38 to go
Hi Jody- dont give up!  What happened?
Mr. Incredible
on 2/18/10 10:09 pm - Canada
ZERO carbs?  Awsome!!  How did you do it?
Cheryl D.
on 2/18/10 6:36 pm - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Getting off carbs - try this instead - breakfast bread...
That sounds delicious!  Thanks for posting it, I will definately try that.

Cheryl
sjbob
on 2/18/10 2:19 pm - Willingboro, NJ
Topic: RE: 1 DOWN, 39 TO GO!!
Not going down a certain aisle in a supermarket is not my problem because I don't do any shopping.  I doubt that I could walk up and down 1 aisle with my cane.  If I have to walk someplace, I use my rollator and can sit frequently.  It's just not convenient to sit in a supermarket.

No, my big problem is a convenience store called WaWa.  They're similar to 7/11 but are very popular in SE PA, DE, and S NJ.  Most people can give directions to there home from the nearest WaWa ( by the way tne name is an old Indian work for goose and the goose is their symbol).  The whole thing is that anyplace you drive, you are bound to pass one.  I've just had to learn to tune out the calls of all of the foods in there.  The bad (?) part is that they also sell fresh sandwiches, salads, milk, juices, fruit, and coffee.  There can be a good reason for going into one but it's harder to resist tempting foods once inside.
MSW will not settle
on 2/18/10 11:39 am
No carb foods at all today.  Just meat and veg and protein powder.  Perhaps a late night piece of fruit later.  Its all good for Thursday.  But the night's still young...   

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Jody ***
on 2/18/10 10:36 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Not another good day for me....

Will start again tomorrow!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Allison M.
on 2/18/10 10:03 am - Pickering , Canada
Topic: 2 down 38 to go
Hi Everyone, how did it go today. I was doing great until I ate something that upset my pouch. I had 1 saltine cracker to try and settle it down ( i hate being sick). I am not going to beat myself up over it, I will just keep going from here.

I hope everyone else is feeling good and able to stick to the program.

Take care
Allison

justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 5:29 am - Cambridge, MD
Topic: RE: Food- Friend or Foe?
FOE . . . and that's all I've got to say about that!

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/10 1:06 am
Topic: Getting off carbs - try this instead - breakfast bread...
i posted the recipe in another group.  It is banana or banana / pumpkin bread (pumpkin has less carbs - sugar), high protein, low sugar, freezable.  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discuss ion/4122907/Breakfast-food-flourless-low-sugar-banana-pumpki n-bread/ 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator