Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

Mr. Incredible
on 2/19/10 1:04 am - Canada
Topic: RE: I'm going through withdraw
Lisa- very common- what you are suffering from is withdrawal from the carbs.  This will pass in a couple of days- and you will feel better.... honest.. lol

I would ask your boss to move the chocolates or face the 'Rath of Lisa'!!
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/19/10 12:56 am, edited 2/19/10 12:58 am

Lisa - a little fix I get almost every morning:
3 oz of milk, 1 Tbs of regular cocoa, 1-2 Tbs SF syrup (caramel, or any other you like), blend on high, nuke for 2 min (or until it "raises" - watch for that), add strong coffee - makes 12 oz of a delish chocolate coffee... Sometimes I add protein shake to it - just fun...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

justthebeginning
on 2/19/10 12:46 am - Cambridge, MD
I have to be totally honest.  I am afraid to eat! 

I am addicted.  Once I give myself a little wiggle room, I will not stop.  I can't stop.  I can't control myself and I have been lying to myself, telling myself that I can.

At this point, I would rather do without than to let that door of temptation open again.  I have got to "get my mind right" before I can go to any of the foods that I feel might trigger my super-indulgence.

I know that sounds so crazy, but that is how I feel right now.

PS - don't soy crisps have carbs in them? 

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

Mr. Incredible
on 2/19/10 12:33 am - Canada
Topic: RE: 2 down 38 to go
Ouch... well that was yesterday.... Today.. is, well.. today- let's learn from our mistakes and realize that we can win the battle.. 
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/10 12:29 am - Middle River, MD

Oh, and soy crisps - for the salty/crunchy.  And Emerald brand cocoa roast almonds - those things are heaven!!!  They're covered with cocoa powder, NOT chocolate.  YUM-O!!  And REALLY good chopped up in Greek yogurt.

Jody ***
on 2/19/10 12:25 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Low discipline... Planned on a protein dinner, ended up having garlic bread too...

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/10 12:22 am - Middle River, MD
Yanno, we have this conversation every year at Christmas, VD and Easter about your office.  MAKE them move the crap!!!  Seriously.  If they know you had wls and that it kills you to eat it, and they're still doing it, that's just plain rude!!!!

Weekends are hard for me, too.  Okay, for your salty/crunchy, get some turkey pepperoni, put them on a papertowel lined planed and nuke for about 1 minute.  Voila - pepperoni chips!!!!!  For the sweet/chocolatey, get yourself some Pure Protein bars.  When you go out, cut the bars in bite sized pieces and put them in a baggie with some cashews.

It's imperative that you stay on top of this or the bass turd carbs WILL win.  I know, because they beat me up every day.  But I'm like one of those inflatable bopping bags, I keep bouncing up!!!!

I KNOW it's hard and I KNOW it's frustrating, but you have to.  For you.  For Larry and the kids.  And for me - because I NEED you in my life for a long time!!!

LY,

T

P.S. And increase your fluids!!!!
justthebeginning
on 2/18/10 11:47 pm - Cambridge, MD
Topic: I'm going through withdraw
Okay, today is the worst day so far.  I have a headache and I got up feeling absolutely starved.  No my stomach is not growling, but my head is!  I am NOT looking forward to the weekend, because that will mean I have total access to food and some down time to think about how good it tastes.  I am craving something sweet/chocolate/or crunchy/salty (crackers/pretzels, etc.)

And on top of all of that, my boss just brought in 2 ~ 5 lb boxes of heart shaped chocolates and set them on the table outside of my door.  OUCH.

. . . did I mentoin that I'm a bit *****y today?  

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/10 10:46 pm - Middle River, MD
So far, so good for me!!!  My scale is showing -3 pounds since Wednesday, so I'm very happy about that!!!  The weekends are REALLY tough for me, but I'm determined to get closer to goal.  I try to be realistic - after 5 years out, I don't know that I'll ever reach goal, but any number closer to that is a success!!!

Here's what I ate yesterday:

B - Protein coffee
      Greek yogurt with blueberries/granola

L - Chicken salad
     6 Triscuits

D - 1 meatball and the insides of half a cold cut sub

S - Skim milk with Splenda

150 oz. of fluid and all my vits!!!

Have a great weekend!

Tia
Mr. Incredible
on 2/18/10 10:12 pm - Canada
Hi Allison- you are right- don't beat yourself up over a cracker.  I hate getting sick to- so I would have done the same thing...lol.  The big thing is you are trying- and your carbs have been substantially decreased.
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator