Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 9:08 pm - Middle River, MD
Topic: RE: Hi! I had the same idea!!..lol
Hi Kim!!  Welcome!!  Great minds obviously think alike!!!

I found your statement about filling up faster when you omit the refined carbs to be very true these last few days.  Thank goodness!!  Even though I'm almost 5 years out, I still have restriction, but it IS normal for your pouch to stretch.  I was happy to discover that as long as I eat like I'm supposed to, I still have GREAT restriction, which is a relief to me!

Good luck!!!  Feel free to join us anytime!

Hugs,

Tia
Jody ***
on 2/20/10 10:02 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Topic: RE: HAPPY SATURDAY! CARBS & EATING OUT
H 2 - I made your pumpkin banana bread tonight.  I haven't cut into it yet...

Now - I ran out of Vanilla protein - I had about 1 1/2 cups - and topped it off with Banana Nut Bread protein - I was wondering how it would have tasted with ALL Banana Nut bread protein powder?  Do you think it would have been too much?

I think I'll go have me a slice now!  It smells awesome!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/10 9:26 am
Hi Tia. 
I bet that tasted so good. But - today was another day - so hopefully - you did great.
My pouch and insides were still pissed off on my on Friday - so during the day - when I eat something - I was in pain.  So I mostly drank my food (protein drinks).  Then, frustrated at evening - I got a glass of wine... and everything relaxed.  I guess I needed that.  I was able to eat food... and an apple. And I did not have any meat on Friday! 
This morning my pouch and the insides were - surprisingly - OK.  So I drank my coffee, had some protein pumpkin bread, and was as happy as one can be.  Since I mostly drank last 3 days - my pouch kind of shrank - so even though I could eat - not as much as before that.  But things are good.   We went shopping all over the place so most food were eaten in the car.  I still did very good.
I had:
coffee,
pumpkin protein bread
protein coffee
2 cheese sticks + beef stick
Cheese stick + protein crisps
dinner: beef stew (only 1/2 of what I though I could eat)
then as a dessert \: will be nuts (0.5-1 oz), piece of dark chocolate 
Glass of wine... 
And maybe blackberries... (probably not)

So carb wise and food wise - I did great.  Money wise (shopping)  - not so much... 

It is funny when I buy OhYeah! protein drink as a "treat" for a great behavior... lol.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 9:14 am
Well, joined the board today and did fine till dinner.  DH made vegetable soup for dinner.  He cooked cornbread muffins and I could not resist.  At least, I had no sugar today and will not before bed.

I am a bit depressed tonight.  I think I will take something to make me sleep and call it a day.

Ruby
3/2005  rny
262/125/138
hi/lo/today
5'1"
Jody ***
on 2/20/10 7:28 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Hi Tia

I had a grouchy pouch yesterday and it didn't seem to matter whatever I put into it, it grouched about it. 

Today I was sympathetic to it and tried not to make it grumpy again.

B - 2 protein coffees
L - chicken noodle soup (yes I know, noodles, but I didn't want to take the chance with meat- oh and I was eating at the MALL and the portions were SOOO BIG..., so it could have been worse)
D - SUSHI - ugh!  Love it... with the rice... 
S - Beer - Tia - Corona for $1.75- you CAN'T pass that up! 

I've been drinking the Select 55 from Budweiser - 55 calories (obviously) but the carbs are like 1 or 2 (I need to check the box again). 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

*KiminFontana* *.
on 2/20/10 5:26 am - Fontana, CA
Topic: Hi! I had the same idea!!..lol
A cross post from the California board, regarding the 40 observant lo-no carb eating plan!!
  Hi all!! 
Oh my goodness...I did the exact same thing on my own as a Lent thing, but also because it was an exact number of days to try and give it a go.  No refined or processed carbs in my food plans, just super duper whole grain foods, proteins and veggies with occassional lower GI fruit.  I have done very well, but as expected, today I am feeling tired, not havng any instant energy for 4 days.  I have found that I am eating way less at meal time and filling up fast as I should be given my RNY procedure well over a year ago. I am hoping to properly re-commit  to the plan after the 40 or so days.  I also stopped eating fast food and restaurant foods for the same amount of time.  That part is painful because of the social aspect...(that is my true Seasonal sacrifice)...but also goes to show how we socialize around food.  It will still be my favorite thing to do because there is always something good to choose from on restaurant menus now a days.  I have also vowed to NOT weigh myself for the 40 days.....a HUGE part of my daily life to let go.
Good Luck and best wshes to all in this 6 week endeavor!!
Kim in Fontana
Cheryl D.
on 2/20/10 2:21 am - Toronto, Canada
I'm doing well so far, still have not introduced any simple carbs since my surgery.  Tomorrow evening I'm going to see Avatar in 3D on the IMAX screen with my daughter and I'm hoping the smell of popcorn won't make me crazy!  I used to love the smell and taste of hot popcorn and could never resist it.  I'm hoping it won't be an issue for me because I think even if I wanted it, I am probably not ready to eat popcorn anyway.  Still, it will be a good test of my resolve to avoid simple carbs for as long as possible which will hopefully be forever.

MSW will not settle
on 2/20/10 1:48 am
Fortunately, eating out does not pose an issue for me.  Its being home with temptation that's a problem.  When I want foods I don't manage well I have to go out for it.  I destroy all left overs immediately.  Expensive, but it works.

At home and out a meal is meat and veg.  It has been for many years.  Desert is my big post op change.  I used to order desert for dinner once a week or so.  No extra caories from nutritious foods. 
  Now its half a desert after a little liquid protein.    Naughty I know, but not during Lent. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

MSW will not settle
on 2/20/10 1:36 am, edited 2/21/10 1:01 am
Topic: It was ugly
I had an I wanna eat day and I did.� I even went out and bought carbs since I don't have them around the house.� I'm a long term low carber since the seventies.� Yet, every now and� then I have a craving.

When this happens, rarely is it about carbs or any other partiular food.� How do I know this?� I know because I want to be full and anything will do.� Had I not been out and able to buy carbs, it would have been lettuce and cabbage and tomatos because that's what I had in the house. �

WTF is my point?� My point is there is a difference between a craving and a binge.� I had a binge.� Carbs just fulfilled part of it.� I've destroyed the carbs that served my evil purpose.� Now I must ensure I do not give in to continued eating
.Today so far so good.�

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

SuziJones
on 2/20/10 1:27 am
yeah for you hun!

And like you said, tomorrow you WILL do better! Can't be focused on the past, only look forward and do your best for today!

Good luck and great job!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator