Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

Mr. Incredible
on 2/22/10 11:50 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Is it a 'Happy Monday'?
You are doing awesome Melva- don't tell yourself otherwise. 

As you lose weight, you have less weight to lose.. so it's hard to continue to lose at the rate you started to lose at... lol- does any of that makes sense?  9 pounds is great!  Is that since you began cutting back on the carbs? 

Keep up the great work.
justthebeginning
on 2/22/10 9:28 pm - Cambridge, MD
Topic: RE: Monday was rough- Tuesday has to be better!
I know.  It used to be that there was only one kind.  Now they have them for every occasion!!  and usually they sit them right up by the register.  They flirt with me too!!!

JUST SAY NO!

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/10 9:23 pm - Middle River, MD
LOL!!!  If you have a problem, then so do I!!!!

OMG!!  Those damn Reese's eggs are STILL trying to jump off the shelves into my basket!!!!  Those little suckers have LONG legs. 

But I didn't give in.

But I miss them.  They keep sending me flowers, notes, etc.  Sick little f*ckers!!!!!  LOL
justthebeginning
on 2/22/10 9:16 pm - Cambridge, MD

I love sugar free fudgesicles ~ 40 calories and they give me my Chocolate FIX.  Sometimes I will put one in a bowl and microwave (only for a  few seconds) and add a little bit of peanut butter.  Tastes just like a Reese's cup.  (Which happens to be my favorite food in the whole wide world)

I think every day I have posted something about chocolate.  Do you think I have a problem?  LOL

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/10 8:29 pm - Middle River, MD
It's hard, I know, because sweets are my biggest, baddest challenge.  Since we started this, I have been sweet carb free - and I haven't yet lost my mind!!!  I did stop at GNC last night and pick up my favorite protein bars - Power Crunch and Pure Protein - they really do help me.  The Power Crunch is more like a sugar wafer covered in chocolate, and I bought pb creme, cookies & creme and triple chocolate.  The Pure Protein are denser - I bought chewy chocolate chip, chocolate deluxe and pb chocolate.  TRUST me, I KNOW they're not real chocolate, but for me, it does help with the sugar cravings.

I did well last night - I had a beer, but NO bar food while we were playing trivia!!  Yay, me!!

Yesterday:

B - Greek yogurt with pbj/granola

S - 2 hardboiled egg

L - Baked chicken
      Green beans

S - Cheese crisps

D - 1/2 turkey sandwich
       veggie soup
       (YES, it IS possible to eat healthy at Panera Bread)

S - 1 beer

S - Popcorn

150 oz. fluid, all my vits!

Tia
Julissita
on 2/22/10 6:17 pm - houston, TX
Topic: Monday was rough- Tuesday has to be better!
Saturday and Sunday went well- I hit ketosis Sunday night. Today was a different story. i wanted to munch and had nothing so I did 35 carbs today instead of 20. I will start over tomorrow. I did ge tin 130g of protein so that excited me! what do you all munch on?? Cheese is not cutting it- I want something sweet- I crave sugar!!!help friends!
Melva
on 2/22/10 2:13 pm - Gilbert, AZ
My weekend was good with the exception of our family day which was Sunday we went to Texas Roadhouse. As you come in and wait of course there are barrels of peanuts, well needless to say before I stopped I had eatin more than a cup  ,that threw me for a minute but I picked my self up and continued my diet as I had planned . I had a smothered chicken breast smothered with pepperjack cheese mushrooms and onions and a garden salad. Other than that I have been on hi Protein low carbs I am getting 25 to 30 grams per day.

My long term goals are to get down to 170 #'s currently I am at 210. I have never gotten to goal weight but I have lost almost 200#'s. I Iexcersize daily in my home walking with Leslie Sansone. 3days a week I go to Gym do cardio, and 1 day with a personal trainer .

I do drink my protein 4 times a day each serving with 3 grams of carbs.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome I am looking for ways to tweek this so I can make it work long term. As I stated previously I have lost 7 #'s well its now 9#'s, I want to continue this weight loss, somehow or other it always slows down.

I want to do this right I am in this for the long haul--HELP

Melva
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/22/10 11:20 am
Hi, Interesting post.

This is long - in summary -  if you are setting a goal for you - do not concentrate only on the weight - concentrate on your body size, your body fat %, and not the weight itself. 

I think some carbs are worse to some of us.  It is, IMO, how the body is reacting to the carbs. 
I know, by experimenting, that I can eat 1 lb of blackberries, and not get any sugar problem.  Gas - probably, but carbs in that do not affect me at this point. 
But, bananas, melons, grapes, etc- high glycemic fruits  - they may cause a severe BS fluctuation - even if I combine them with nuts or cheese. So - automatically - I try to stay away from them.
I also try to avoid starchy vegetables - and vegetables that can be considered as fruits (i.e. tomatoes)  I will eat them - but in in a salads, cooking, and not by themselves. 

As for a goal - I have a large frame (big bones, muscles) so I really never though of a goal in term of a weight, but more of "size".  I thought I would be happy once I get to size 10-12.  Now I am size 4-8 and I still have days that I feel fat. 
My doc set a weight goal for me - that it is a bit too low( IMO), but since I am overachiever - I met it.  My weight goal by my doc was 149, that puts me just barely below 25 BMI.  But at this weight my body fat is only 16-18%.  I not only met his goal - but now I am in a 142-148 lbs window.  
What is funny, IMO - that there are some girls in my program who are shorter than I am, and who have smaller frame, that the doc set up a higher weight goal.  WTH?  By the way - I can wear my friend's clothes - and she is same height as I am, smaller bones frame and weighs 130 lbs.  And looking at her - you can see she has more body fat %. 

Maintenance is difficult.  There is still the desire to lose more weight - even though I have no more fat to lose.  Maybe that is why I have very strong reactive hypo?  Maybe not... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr. Incredible
on 2/22/10 4:39 am - Canada
Pushing the bar is a good thing!  I was told many years ago, that if I ever got to 225lbs I would look sick - I don't know if it's true, but I used that as an excuse- hence why I thought 200 was more realistic.  Honestly, it's hard not to use someone chart- but we should be aiming for what ever we are comfortable with.  I mean- if you are happy at 165- go for it. I think I can do 200... even though according to the 'charts' I should be 185ish.. I'm sticking with my goal.
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/10 4:29 am - Canada
RNY on 10/27/09 with
The way my surgeon laid it out, this goal is achievable and would not dwell on failure all over again in my life with my weight.  I'm pushing the enveloppe by aiming for 165 lbs.  If I were to go with the calculation, that would mean I only have 16 lbs left to lose.  I'm only almost 4 months post op, so I think I should push the bar just a bit. 

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator