Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/23/10 10:46 pm
Topic: RE: What are you doing for...
magnesium and potasium - are my issues, also- water - dehydration.   Since most days i get enough mag - I started seriously suplement with potasium - the leg cramps - went away after a few days.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr. Incredible
on 2/23/10 10:38 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Eating on the run, just so so

Are you away from home for a couple of days?  I find eating when I travel a challenge- but it can be done- just be clear on what you are ordering... and ask them to remove the bread if they give you any...lol.

Mr. Incredible
on 2/23/10 10:28 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: New commitment
Well... doing taxes always makes me want comfort food too..lol.

Somedays are harder then others- if you need a sweet.. try something sugar free- like popcicles... yummy.
Why do you feel the need to move on to 'other bad carbs'?
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr. Incredible
on 2/23/10 10:24 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: What are you doing for...

I used to get them- and when I got it checked out- it was a lack of potassium.  When we reduce the amount of carbs- we are also reducing intake of other nutrients that may be of benefit for us.  You can gut some potassium supplements- that's what I did- and it it helped.
If you aren't sure- get it checked out.. to be safe

MSW will not settle
on 2/23/10 10:20 pm
Topic: Eating on the run, just so so
Aside from two triscut and two scoop tortilla chips, I got caught up in the sf chocolate covered peanuts and the lc protein bars.  Not so bad on their own but I sure don't need them all in the same day. 

It will be a rough few days eating on the run on and off.  I have emergency food but it will be hard to stick with lean meats and protein drinks.  Easy travel stuff like jerky and chicken vienna sausage have more fat and sugar that I care for.  Then of course there are the lc protein bars.  Is too easy to rely on them. 

I've also packed bagged lettuce and other veg and foil packed tuna and salmon.  I will stay away from the straight carbs.     

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/10 10:18 pm
Topic: New commitment
Yesterday was terrible food day.  It was like the old days when I ate sugar all day long.  It has been almost 5 years, and it was like I had not had rny.  Well, I can not eat much real food, but junk food goes down pretty good.  I grazed all day long on sugar.

Today my commitment is no sugar.  I am eating whole grain crackers but no sugar.  I will move on to the other bad carbs, but today it is just no sugar.  Really bread/crackers are the only white stuff besides sugar that I eat.  I know I am rambling.

Well off to face the tax papers.  Hope everybody has a good day.

Ruby
rny 3/2005
262/125/138
hi/lo/today
5'1"

Julissita
on 2/23/10 12:01 pm - houston, TX
Topic: What are you doing for...
leg cramps? When I eat low carbs I get night leg cramps- any advice???
Julissita
on 2/23/10 11:59 am - houston, TX
Topic: RE: Monday was rough- Tuesday has to be better!
I only had 13 carbs today and that was awesome! I just had a lot of protein and fat- that is how this works so I am concerned about diarreah.  I will check for the ketosis later tonight!! It was a much better day.
Cheryl D.
on 2/23/10 8:17 am - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: Is it a 'Happy Monday'?
hey congrats Melva, sounds like you are doing amazingly well! 

I have still managed to avoid all simple carbs since my surgery, and I find I don't crave them at all.  I think I'm more afraid of starting to crave them again than anything else.  I think if I don't open the door to simple carbs in the first place it will be a lot easier to turn away from them.  So far it has been easy but I hope it keeps up.  

Cheryl
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/23/10 8:17 am, edited 2/23/10 8:19 am
Topic: RE: HAPPY SATURDAY! CARBS & EATING OUT
Jody, Hope the bread was good..
many times I use what I have .... even natural, flavorless. - then I add more "stuff" to make it taste good.� What ever will take.
I learn to "taste" the butter before I put it into the backing forms.� I know how it "should" taste raw - for it to taste good after backing.��If it taste like "I will lick the mixing things, and lick the bowl (yes� - my nose gets some, and my fingers) and�any�other utensils before i wash them - then the bread will be good - if the batter - is so-so, the�bread will need some "extras" after backing (i.e. -�layer with SF jam, or hut butter, or make a "filling", to put�inside the muffins...).��

I also use Greek yogurt - mix with stuff�- to put on top of the slices.� Or take the bread - and dry it in the oven for "dipping�sticks" for my yogurt.� Or break - soak with (alcohol?) - and use as a layers in a parfait dessert -�or can be used as a base for many other cakes (instead of lady fingers - just bake it in a shallow pan� - do not put nuts or flax seeds in it)�

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator