Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

Melva
on 2/25/10 11:55 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Topic: RE: New commitment
the adkins bars are fantastic especially the nut rolls, but I have to not have at all I end up eating 3 or 4 during the day and the sad part is I feel sick afterwards.
any suggestions for lo carb bars

Melva
Melva
on 2/25/10 11:47 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Topic: RE: 13 carbs today!!!
That is awesome how are you doing it would yo share your meal plan I am at 25 gms per day would love to keek it under 20.

Melva
Julissita
on 2/25/10 11:43 pm - houston, TX
Oh I also count all carbs!
Julissita
on 2/25/10 11:42 pm - houston, TX
Ok according to atkins 20 grams a day during the first phase. I have been eating a lot of protein- for instance I have a matrix shake w water- thats 2 carbs. I also have nectar shakes which are 0 carbs and 0 fat.  I have had egg white w cheese, sf jello and heavy cream - one carb. I have been drinking water and crystal light like crazy. At lunch and dinner I have chicken breast, lettece which take a cup to get 1 carb and ground beef to make taco salad. Yesterday went well- today for lent I will have shrimp scampi( very low carb) and salad. DInner left over as I cant eat the whole lunch and a stick of cheese! You can do it!!
Watch out for those fudgsciles they have 4 carbs.  Thanks
justthebeginning
on 2/25/10 11:32 pm - Cambridge, MD
Topic: My scale is . . .
. .  . Just NOT moving. I am doing everything that I possibly can to get it to move down, but it ain't happening.  Okay I did lose 8 lbs in the first 5 days, but now I can't get it to move, not even a 1/2 a pound.  UUUUGGGGHHHHHH!  This is so frustrating. 

On the other hand, I have been extrememly stressed over the past few days.  Does anyone know about how stress can affect weight loss?  I am just wondering if there is a correlation.

I am dedicated to staying commited, to this thing . . . even if it kills me!!! LOL.

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

sjbob
on 2/25/10 6:42 pm - Willingboro, NJ
Topic: Not posting due to internet problems
It's taking about 5-10 min for me to post.  Sometimes when is Submit, it takes longer than that and I don't know if my submission gets posted before I totally lose my connection.  It's frustrating and happens about once a year.  It's not affecting Outlook Express.  So, I guess I'm going to have to contact Verizon.

Luckily, I got my wife a netbook last year so she could use it at remote locations.  She can go to our library and get on the internet there.  It's really important for her since she's been looking for a job since 12-31-08. 

Cheryl D.
on 2/25/10 9:23 am - Toronto, Canada
Topic: RE: ONE WEEK DOWN!!!
I am still avoiding all simple carbs since surgery, still don't crave them at all.  I read here daily to keep my resolve strong.  You all help me so much in that sense so thank you!
Melva
on 2/25/10 8:12 am - Gilbert, AZ
What is a good number in grams of carbs we should have on a daily basis..Melva
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/25/10 12:29 am
yea, what Ron said - how can you get below 20 carbs in a day. Do you count net carbs or all carbs (fiber, SA, etc.) ? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/25/10 12:27 am
Topic: RE: ONE WEEK DOWN!!!
Tia, this is impressive. No simple carbs. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator