Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/10 1:03 am - Middle River, MD
Topic: RE: ONE WEEK DOWN!!!
It was YUMMY!!!  I even microwaved a bit of pb into a sauce, and poured it over the baked ricotta!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/1/10 1:01 am - Middle River, MD
Topic: Happy Monday, March 1!
How's everyone doing avoiding the evil carb monster?  I've actually done very well considering I was at the hospital all day long with my Dad on Thursday.  I made sure to throw some protein bars in my bag, along with some bottled water.  The hospital cafeteria also has a decent selection of healthy foods, so it really wasn't hard to stay on track.  Plus, I was stressed.  I don't eat when I'm stressed - I eat AFTER the stress.  But I didn't this time.

So, here's what I ate yesterday.  Not bad, considering we went to Cracker Barrel yesterday.  They have GREAT grilled catfish!

Yesterday:

B - Protein coffee
      Egg whites on English muffin

L - 1 piece grilled catfish
      mashed potatoes
      green beans

S - 1/2 forkful of chocolate cake (AND...miracle of miracles - it didn't taste nearly as good as I remember!)

D - Broiled tilapia and shrimp

Today:

B - Protein coffee
     Greek yogurt

S - 2 hardboiled eggs

L - Greek shrimp salad

D - ? (Out - it's trivia night!)

Next!
Mr. Incredible
on 3/1/10 12:31 am - Canada
Topic: RE: I actually did it !!!!
Melva- That's awesome!!! 
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

sjbob
on 2/28/10 12:37 am - Willingboro, NJ
Topic: RE: My scale is . . .
I know that many people get weighed daily but that never worked for me.  I didn't care about weighing myself daily while I was gaining weight.  I used to just get weighed when I went to the doctor's office and I was doing this post--op because some docs had the only scale I could get on and off and read my weight--they went over 500 lbs and had integrated hand grips or nearby grab bars.  I simply can't get on a regular doctor's scale.  Since last year, I've tried to get weighed once per mo at one of these scales ( regardless of whether I had an appt--The doc let's me use the scale at slow times).

I'd suggesting just getting weighed on a less frequent basis-weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly.  I'm usually seeing a 4 lb per month weight loss, but I might get discouraged if I didn't lose weight one week, retained fluids the next and even gained a little.  Oh, there are also the dreaded stalls.  They should usually last less than 6 weeks but that's hard to put up with when you are being true to your diet.  Just hand in there and keep trying.  You will find relative peace and the scale will go down.
Melva
on 2/27/10 11:57 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Topic: Health Tracker
Does anybody here use the OH Health Tracker and understand it all of it it has everything but in playing with it this morning I couldnt figer all the options

Melva

Melva
on 2/27/10 2:12 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Topic: RE: Whatcha eatin?? I'll share
Sounds Awesome!! Another Fantastic Day and yes journaling is a pain in the boot but so necessary. Melva
Melva
on 2/27/10 12:55 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Thanx Juli

I just totaled mine for today it was 17, I am getting better and yes 1 day at a time. Yours is awesome also what 4 days under 20 wow !! you were my incentive to do this right, thank you

Melva
Julissita
on 2/27/10 12:44 pm - houston, TX
Topic: Whatcha eatin?? I'll share
Ok so how am I staying under 20 carbs- let me share todays menu
2 bacon and egg breakfast tacos NO tortilla w 1tps reduced sugar heinz ketchup
2 sf jello individual packs whipped with heavy whipping cream
1 side salad w ranch no tomatoes
6 blackened shrimp
water all day
1 nectar shake
1 matrix starwberry shake
1 slice very small of a peach
more crystal light
8 almonds
and a few pork rinds

And omg journaling though it is a PAIN in the booty makes a huge difference. I weigh on Monday for my first week!!!!
Julissita
on 2/27/10 12:39 pm - houston, TX
AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you! You are right just one day at a time. I am about to tally up my day today! I really had a hard time behaving, but I made it!!
Melva
on 2/26/10 2:15 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Topic: I actually did it !!!!
It is 11pm here in Arizona, No more eating for the day I was looking over my food journal and counting my carbs, my total for the day was 19. I am so excited  I actually did it. I kept under 20 was reading one of the other discussions where as the carb intake was only 13. I was so happy to hear that I wanted mine under 20. Well ..LOL... it was 19. I will work on ttis tomorrow. I am just taking this one day at a time and the journal helped me total up my days effort.

Melva

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator