Losers for Lent

Recent Posts

debbie13
on 3/7/10 8:14 pm - Cossayuna, NY
Topic: The weekend!
Okay - I survived days 2 & 3 will minimal carb damage.

I had 6 peanut M & Ms on Saturday. I tried everything that I could think of to get rid of the carb withdrawal headache I had, but nothing worked. So I tried that. It worked. Was it psycological -- probably. Then I yelled at the candy jar. Good thing the office door was closed. Sunday, no headache and minimal carb intake. I think I am over the worst of it. I haven't done the numbers yet but I did write down everything I ate so I'll figure it out later and post it.  

Today I am giving myself a challenge. I love to participate in walks that support various causes but haven't always been able to finish. There is a marked course here -- a 5K. It is fairly flat and the weather is going to be beautiful later. I am going to give it a try. My goal is only to finish, no time limit. I'll post later as to how it went. 

Have a great day everyone!

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

debbie13
on 3/7/10 8:04 pm - Cossayuna, NY
Topic: RE: Saturday - how are you guys?
I've got the same question - what are eggbites? Sounds portable and easy to eat. I need things that I can eat at my desk. I know -- not the greatest thing to do, but my day does not always allow for actually taking a break from it.

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

Jody ***
on 3/7/10 8:58 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Topic: RE: Doing My Sunday Best!
What a great attitude - I love it!!! 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

MSW will not settle
on 3/7/10 4:58 am
My Friday fasting did not go well.  Not only did I break mid afternoon but I succumbed with sugar.  Half cup of chocolate covered cashews.  I made the grave error of shopping while hungry.   Other than that it was protein owder during the day and salad, shrimp , and king crab for dinner. 

Now for the all important question:  WHAT IS AN EGGBITE, WHAT IS A CRAB EGGBITE, AND WHERE DO I FIND RECIPES???
MSW will not settle
on 3/7/10 4:44 am
Topic: Doing My Sunday Best!
NOT !!!!!  Its like my Lenten just commitment flew out the window. 

I'm not big on the carbs in general, but lately the sf/ ff/ lower net carb foods have been getting to me.  Calories under control but nutritionally... well its not been protein first. 

I'm way off my Sunday best behavior.  With 690 calories so far today  180 is lean protein and 170 nuts.  The rest?  Well you can just guess.   Carb laden junk food: 340 calories worth. 

That means I've eaten 50% crap today.  Soooo, I must eat only lean protein for the rest of the day if I'm to meet my requirement. 

Just cause fkcu'd it up so far today does not mean the entire day has to be screwed.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/6/10 11:22 pm
I love cheese.   Don't make me start on that...
I eat a lot of string cheese sticks.  I buy the light - Frigo head - they have 2.5 gr fat, and 8 gr proteins per stick.  If I get 4 + no cal veggies - I get 10 gr fat, 24 gr proteins.  They are also great to be wrapped in a cold cut then nuked, or warmed up on GF grill, until the cheese just start oozing out of it.  Yum... with some cool cucus, or pickles, or even fresh red peppers...  (my fav cold cut lately is the turkey pastrami from Sam's - nice and lean and spicy, but very thinly sliced)

I do not know what whould I do if someone would tell me that I can't have cheese... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Julissita
on 3/6/10 11:13 pm - houston, TX
I am in agreement I even wanted chicken. I had shrimp scampi Friday and tuna did the trick. I love BBQ but you really have to look for a low carb brand mix it with tuna and it tastes like meat. My issue is starting leg cramps- what foods are dense in potassium??? Do you eat cheese? Like a cheese stick? I do know what you mean. You know what I am missing- MILK! Weird huh. SO I went and bought some Hood fake milk and mixed it w protein to make a shake. I have also added a few strawberries. I am checking daily that I am in ketosis so I will keep losing. I was laughing at myself as to why am I so motivated this time and its bc I am in the Biggest loser at the gym and want to kick those skinny peoples ass!! Funny huh - maybe bc I want to be a skinny person too!!! I weigh in later and will post my week 2 results!!!

Keep being strong , I am off to make breakfast!
Julissita
on 3/6/10 11:06 pm - houston, TX
Topic: RE: Day 1
I totally agree we need fat, but carbs watch out. Change the sf pudding to sf jello and add some heavy cream or cool whip. Make sure you use reduced sugar ketchup w burger, get a shake in there for another 20 g of protein. Have some almonds to crunch on.

Keep it up you can do it!!
Julissita
on 3/6/10 11:02 pm - houston, TX
Topic: RE: Why can't i do this
You know I have wanted tor reply since you posted, but this Iphone doesn't let me type- add text-Its weird. OK so here are my two cents:
Why do you want to do this? For me I have been STUCK since November and I had enough- not one pound dropped and I went through RNY not to be in the 200s anymore, but to be in a regular size zone.

What will it take? It will take ME making the change- is it hard- you bet!!
I am so tempted daily- those Reeses call my name, but not enough to let go.

Let me explain some of the things I have had to change in my life:
I went and got the old Atkins book w good recipes and have made the ice cream so I can "cheat" at night. I make jello w heavy whipping cream, those are my desserts. I also have almonds when I need a crunch and pork rinds. I also started drinking my water w sf Hawaiian punch, different crystal light.

I just weighed myself and am at 200.5, it is killing me!!!! This is right at 10 lbs in 2 weeks. i am SOOOOOO excited, but still not in onderland. This is what drives me!!! Look deep down- why do you want to do this??? YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Allison M.
on 3/6/10 1:56 am - Pickering , Canada
Topic: RE: Why can't i do this
Hi Everyone, thank you so much for the advise, starting today i am going to try all of these suggestions and see how i can do.

Thanks again
Allison

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator