Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » THREE MORE DAYS!!

THREE MORE DAYS!!

Mr. Incredible
on 3/30/10 6:28 am - Canada
Hope all is well with everyone!

We have 3 more days left of Lent- we also have (I believe) the Greek Orthodox Easter at the same time- along with Passover.

I've started to walk a lot- and it's great!  I am watching my carbs, the best I can- which seems to be working.  I do watch my sugar, but to be honest- I cheated on the weekend  and had one of those small tootsie rolls.. lol.. I bad.

The weather outside, in these parts- is awesome- spring always reminds me of new beginnings- this year particularly for me- with the weight loss- and adventures I plan on having with my two boys.  The one thing that did catch me off guard- much like Karen M- I no longer have an ass... LOL- well- I'll deal with it.

I get excited to read how everyone is doing- and it's great to see everyone is doing well.  We have 3 more days till Good Friday, 3 more days of our little social experiment- let's try to make them count!

PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

SuziJones
on 3/30/10 7:56 am
I totally forgot about this!! I have to have everything on my planner or I completely space things!!

I'm back on the wagon, but sad that I missed this chance to join with you all!! UGH!!

I hope we keep this going after Lent, cause I have now added the page to my daily planner!!

Great job you guys! You are so inspiring! Thanks for that!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Cheryl D.
on 3/30/10 9:04 am - Toronto, Canada
Hey Suzi :)

You didn't really miss anything.  It's all about getting and giving support which we can do every day of the year.  Losers For Lent is great but we can still stick together every single day, so  yeah we can keep this going for as long as any of us need to.

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

sjbob
on 3/30/10 10:52 pm - Willingboro, NJ
Granted that you have three more days until Easter and the end of your experiment.  Are you going to form a new group after that with the same eating goals?  For those of you who are interested, you may want to look up the Becks Group.  It's postings by people working the Beck's Diet Solution.  Look up Becks (no apostrophe) in the search block for the Groups.  Other than that, I haven't gone exploring to see what other Groups are on OH.  Heans knows that we have a lot of Forums and now we also have a lot of Groups. 

Good luck to all of you.
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/31/10 1:09 am
I did and i am doing very good on my initial commitment for Lent. 
Not a lot of carbs, and very, very little empty carbs. No meat on Fridays, and no meat on at least one meal on Wednesday.  No whipped cream (but my cat is getting it..lol)
But I have not done as good on my follow up commitment.  But there is a great improvement.   I use much less artificial sweeteners, less cheese, less milk. 
I think I will clean my diet even more - as the time goes by.  Just one day at a time.  
I am taking more iron - so my energy is up - but now I think I developed an ulcer (partially thanks to increased iron - hurts like ...)
The weather is getting better - so my mood is also improving.  One day at a time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MSW will not settle
on 3/31/10 4:16 am
I've eaten more carbs over this Lent than I did pre op, lol.  I'm among the early low carbers circa 1970's.  New grou*****t, I'll be cleaning up my carb act.  I'm a low carb dieter for life.  Ive known way before wls its the only way I've got a shot at keeping obesity at bay.    
Mary514
on 3/31/10 12:21 pm - Louisville, KY
I am doing great.  I have lost 30 lbs. and people are noticing!  I haven't told a lot of people that I had the surgery.  I have been sticking to mostly protein with a few healthy carbs and am totally satisfied.  I would say that my experiment has been totally successful!  Thanks for coordinating this group!

Mary

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/1/10 3:03 am
Congratulations Mary !!!!

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr. Incredible
on 4/1/10 6:21 am - Canada
Well done Mary!!  Don't stop!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator