Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Back on the wagon a...

Back on the wagon at last!

MSW will not settle
on 3/23/10 4:53 am
Normally I'm not big on the carbs but damned in the past few weeks when I'm "giving them up", I've been having more than usual.  Finally, after a carb bachanal on Friday they are back in check.  Naughty, naughty since for Trini's like myself the season for Carnival and bachanal ended with Lent.

I shoot to average net carbs 50g or less.  For the past couple days I'm there.  Now to stay here...   If I make my Lenten prayer and study group tonight there will be plenty of crackers.  My down fall and the only time I get them.   

Pray for me!     
So how's everyone doing???

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/23/10 7:34 am
I am glad you are getting grip on the carbs. 
I personally do not count them, but if I ever overdue - I pay dearly for that.  So not worth that. 
Most my other lent commitments - I am doing OK.  This week I started on "a new" cleansing part - giving up more foods and additives and so far i am doing OK. Not perfect - but - one step at a time, one day at a time.  
Since Monday I didn't have any soy or cheese, and very little artificial sweeteners.   So that part is good.  I had no meat on Fridays, and trying to eat rather light for the rest of the time. No whipped cream.   Couple of time I overdid on food with carbs - that I thought I could, and I paid for that.  But for the most part - I am feeling good about my eating and my "commitments for Lent".  The rest - I am still working on.  One day at a time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator