Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Spring Cleaning + a...

Spring Cleaning + additional and renewed comitment for lent

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/19/10 2:35 am, edited 3/19/10 2:36 am
I realized that if I eat very little food - I do not get tired and can function. Something in my food is making me sick. So I decided that starting Monday I am going on a detox diet - I will try to limit all artificial foods and flavoring, milk and cheese (except yogurt), and eat a lot of fresh and cooked veggies, fruits, nuts, and minimally processed proteins (meats and fish) and unflavored or naturally flavored whey proteins. Until monday - I will try to (gently) start getting off this stuff.

I will try to do that for 2-3 weeks and see how I feel.  I hope that it will help some of my issues. 

Also - I am giving up the alcohol for the time being.  No more wine - and the only alcohol that is allowed is in some of the herbal extracts that I take.  

So my renew commitment for the remaining time of the lent:

1. meatless Fridays
2. meatless Wednesday night (if possible)
3. no alcohol (medicinal purpose excluded)
4.No whip cream (cat already finished one can - so I can start her on the other)
5. mnimaly processed food - home cooked meats, fish etc.  No takeouts
6. No milk, cheese
7. No (or very limited) artificial sweetners, or colors
8. No soy or beans
9. No SA

A lot of fresh or frozen, cooked or not, vegetables and fruits - organic if possible
As natural as possible whey proteins powders.
Green drinks, vitamins, minerals
Home prepared foods - good quality foods.
Natural meats, fish, nuts, etc.
If possible - organic foods and drinks.
Probiotics, yogurt
Exercises, yoga, baths, and other cleansing methds to try to get rid of the toxins.
Meditation, A lot of walking

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr. Incredible
on 3/20/10 12:39 am - Canada
Great idea- with only 13 days of Lent left- it's a great idea to look at what we are doing- then adjust our eating a little! 
Detoxing is something we all should consider.
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator