Losers for Lent

Question Please

Melva
on 3/14/10 4:37 am - Gilbert, AZ
I am doing very well on keeping my carbs under 20gms daily. I did eat a adkins bar with net carbs of 3 and a ww ice cream with net carb of 3. Question am I messing up do I need to be counting any other sugars

Melva
Mr. Incredible
on 3/15/10 12:46 am - Canada
Good Morning Melva- great question. 

ww- has ice cream??  I never knew that- I lovvvvvveeeeeee  I cream- it is my biggest craving... I guess I will be going to the grocery store after work.

You are doing great with the carbs- but to answer your question- yes, I would be careful of the amount of sugar you are taking in.  I don't know what kind of wls you had- but it may cause you to 'dump'.  Not only should you keep an eye on sugar, but also sugar alcohol.  Remember- sugar is evil- lol- well- that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Brian
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Melva
on 3/15/10 12:54 am - Gilbert, AZ
lol.. thx

Melva
Julissita
on 3/16/10 2:51 am - houston, TX
HI Melva,
Well a friend of mine and I agree that when we start with the bars we stop with the weight loss, so I would be very careful! How much weight have you lost?? WHat are you eating??? Give me some ideas!!
Talk to you soon,
Melva
on 3/16/10 5:12 am - Gilbert, AZ
I lost 11 pounds when I first started. now an additional pound. I think your right about the bars No more until  am ready for the maintennce.  I wake in morning with wter hwn protein  hi protein meals I dra total of 4 protein drinks per day.

Melva
MSW will not settle
on 3/17/10 9:52 am
I use the Atkins method of carb counting which excludes sugar alcohols.   Some people include them in carb counting. 

For me, the alcohols do not make a difference.  Others find that sugar alcohols act metabolically like sugar.  

I only use Atkins protein bars because of the low net carbs. I stick to those products with protein and avoid the Endulge line which is basically low carb candy.     I like them but I want some protein for my calories. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Melva
on 3/17/10 11:16 am - Gilbert, AZ

Thanx

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator