Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Friday - please rem...

Friday - please remember to be good to yourself on weekend.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/11/10 11:55 pm
It is Friday and for me it is sometimes easier to eat right when i am at work, busy and have my meal scheduled. But comes weekend - and the food in the house, and the extra cooking, or running around and shopping - and i am in trouble. Well, I was.  Now - I make sure I pack light meals (non perishable) in my car and in my purse.  So when i shop and the hunger strikes (just when i am in the bread or snacks area) I can laugh the hunger in the face - take out my snack and eat it right there. I was able to avoid buying food that I really did not needed that way. 

Remember - it is OK to hand over items you do not want to the cashier and tell her that you changed your mind and decide not to buy these...  Just because somehow them make their way into your basket - it does not mean they have to leave the store with you. 
Small bottle of water + small snack is many times all that is needed to get us back to our senses.  Works for me.  (most of the time - I am a human after all)

What if you do not have the snack? well... then I get something (snackable - like cheese sticks) open the package and eat a piece or 2 right in the store.  Then I pay later.  If someone ever approaches me - my hypoglycemia is a great defense.  Would they rather deal with me falling down and hurting myself and to have to call an ambulance ? think not... lol.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr. Incredible
on 3/12/10 5:26 am - Canada
Great points!!   Personally, I am finding Fridays the hardest.  I guess because I try not to have meat on Fridays- soooooooo... I do get strange looks when I ask the waitress for a 'egg-salad sandwich- hold the bread'.

Hope everyone has a good weekend- Don't forget- only 21 days left!!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Melva
on 3/12/10 9:37 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I find it hard when I am around the house too. What I have done while cooking is be drinking my protein shake, that helps alot. But sometimes just sitting at home I start to think I am starving don't know what I want, the other day I had to breakdown and eat an Adkins bar. After eating I was a little flushed, I believe was a carbohydrate rush. Anyway I have been finding things that are distractful hopefully that will help the hunger leading to grazing and binging...

Melva

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator