Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Hello, My name is.....

Hello, My name is....

Mr. Incredible
on 3/8/10 11:52 pm - Canada
And dam it- I'm still addicted to food!!

24 days left and I still can't get away from the things that are bad for me (well- besides women)- High sugar crap!!
When I look at the threads, I see that we still have the same demons- In my case it's gourmet jelly beans! Who is that hateful person that conceived of those yummy little morsels of nothing but sugar?
What is important for all is us that we don't give up- we climb back on that horse and start again!
Even with cheating a little, I am happy to report for the first time in 25 yrs, I am under 250lbs.  I really have been fighting the urge to get on the scale- the evil little box and I have really have a love/hate relationship... I was pleased with the news, but frustrated with myself because I know that if I had NOT cheated- it would have been a lot more then 5 lbs loss.
Anyway- to celebrate, I am going to Dairy Queen for lunch and having a Peanut Buster Parfait!!!  It has protein (peanuts)- and dairy **** milk)- okay, okay.. I'm kidding- but this does bring up an interesting topic-
What do you make to treat yourself?  I mean- recipes- I know some of you have tried different things, I've sent the different posts- what are they?  What would you recommend- keeping in mind- low/no sugar and low/no carbs?  Tell me what you would recommend me to have as a treat- if any of you lovely ladies, would like to make something- I would be pleased to give you my address- so you can send me some  Kidding (sorta..lol).
Keep in mind... that well, I am a male.. and the KISS formula is important.. something that anyone (namely umm.. me) could make, something that is yummy that we all could share? 
Let's create a thread for every recipe- so it's easier for us to print off- and then we can comment on the yummys after we created them- or ask questions.

I do want to apologize for not being around much.  My home computer died recently and have only had limited access (for example- I am at the public library right now).  It's great to see many of you guys trying to help each other- and the support for each other is important.

I would like to arrange a evening (since that's when most of you are available) opportunity to chat .. still open to ideas and times/dates.

Keep up the great work everyone!!

Brian
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/10 1:56 am - Middle River, MD
On March 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM Pacific Time, Mr. Incredible wrote:
And dam it- I'm still addicted to food!!

24 days left and I still can't get away from the things that are bad for me (well- besides women)- High sugar crap!!
When I look at the threads, I see that we still have the same demons- In my case it's gourmet jelly beans! Who is that hateful person that conceived of those yummy little morsels of nothing but sugar?
What is important for all is us that we don't give up- we climb back on that horse and start again!
Even with cheating a little, I am happy to report for the first time in 25 yrs, I am under 250lbs.  I really have been fighting the urge to get on the scale- the evil little box and I have really have a love/hate relationship... I was pleased with the news, but frustrated with myself because I know that if I had NOT cheated- it would have been a lot more then 5 lbs loss.
Anyway- to celebrate, I am going to Dairy Queen for lunch and having a Peanut Buster Parfait!!!  It has protein (peanuts)- and dairy **** milk)- okay, okay.. I'm kidding- but this does bring up an interesting topic-
What do you make to treat yourself?  I mean- recipes- I know some of you have tried different things, I've sent the different posts- what are they?  What would you recommend- keeping in mind- low/no sugar and low/no carbs?  Tell me what you would recommend me to have as a treat- if any of you lovely ladies, would like to make something- I would be pleased to give you my address- so you can send me some  Kidding (sorta..lol).
Keep in mind... that well, I am a male.. and the KISS formula is important.. something that anyone (namely umm.. me) could make, something that is yummy that we all could share? 
Let's create a thread for every recipe- so it's easier for us to print off- and then we can comment on the yummys after we created them- or ask questions.

I do want to apologize for not being around much.  My home computer died recently and have only had limited access (for example- I am at the public library right now).  It's great to see many of you guys trying to help each other- and the support for each other is important.

I would like to arrange a evening (since that's when most of you are available) opportunity to chat .. still open to ideas and times/dates.

Keep up the great work everyone!!

Brian
Oh bite me!!!  Every time I post a recipe, you make fun of my liberal use of Greek yogurt or ricotta cheese!

Okay - they DO make s/f jelly beans - Jelly Belly brand, specifically.  However, if you've never experienced the laxative effects of sugar alcohols, do so at your own risk.  This is NOT something you want to experiment with if you're going to be out in public or in close quarters.  Unless it's with someone you don't want to see again!!!

I'm still doing okay - yesterday I had 4 coconut M&M's.  It was a NSV for me, because in the past, I might've eaten the whole bag as the antidote for my stress.  And you know what?  They didn't taste as good as I wanted them to. 

My bday is coming up in a couple of weeks, and there are two recipes on www.bariatriceating.com that I want to try (LOVE this website).  One's for brownies and the other is for s/f red velvet cake.  I also thought about, since strawberries are starting to be plentiful, making a s/f sponge cake and topping it with strawberries and Splenda sweetened whipped cream.

You can STILL treat yourself - it just requires a bit more creativity than in the past. 

I'm sorry I haven't upheld my end of this group, either, Bri - as you know, things are just crazy for me right now!  I was happy to see, though, that we hit member #50 this morning!!!  Woo-hoo!!!

Hugs,
T
snowyowl
on 3/9/10 12:11 pm - Windsor, Canada
Hi, I have found my all time favorites here on:

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

Most of the recipes are pretty simple for the protien ice-cream:
1 cup of milk or soya milk
2 scoops of protien powder
some flavoring of choice

Then get creative with friuts and what ever pretty much.

Hope these help with the sweet tooth.
Take care,
Nancy

HW- 280 SW - 230 CW - 134     
MSW will not settle
on 3/9/10 5:51 pm

I just tried this super easy microwave protein cookie recipe and I am in Heaven.  

My alteratons:
added vanilla and almond extracts; apple pie spice; and two packets of splenda with fiber

substituted Smart Balance spray and a full scoop of Body Fortress whey protein. 

Ingredients

1/2 scoop designer whey protein powder, french vanilla flavor 1/2 tsp approx. of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray 1 splenda packet splash or two of water pumpkin pie spice (optional)  

How to make Eating Low with Amy - Evil Protein Cookie

Mix the protein powder, butter spray, splenda, and water in a bowl with a for****il it forms a ball.
Hint: I take the sprayer off the butter spray bottle and just pour some in.
You might have to work at it for awhile or adjust how much of each ingredient you use.
Microwave for 25-30 seconds.
Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice if desired.

This link is to the recipe and video. 

http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/eating_low_with_amy_evil_protein_cookie

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/10/10 12:24 am
My treat is the following:

1 cup berries (fresh or frozen-defrosted) topped with SF caramel syrup, and a good dose of whipped cream.  If used as a meal - I also add chocolate protein crisps, and or some nuts.  Yummy.  (that I gave up for the lent)

Another - is cheese with SF preserves.  Cherry is my fav. 

The next is (I have it almost daily) very dark - 85 or 90% chocolate.  High fat, low sugar.  1-2 large squares.  It does not affect my BS and it is good.

The next  - is a piece or 2 of my high protein low carbs banana/pumpkin bread. With SF jam, or nut butter, etc.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melva
on 3/11/10 5:58 am - Gilbert, AZ
Brian
Thanx for the post it sounds like we are all in the same boat. I am gonna send recipes when I run across will stay on the high protein low carb road as lone as I can
Melva

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator