Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Doing My Sunday Bes...

Doing My Sunday Best!

MSW will not settle
on 3/7/10 4:44 am
NOT !!!!!  Its like my Lenten just commitment flew out the window. 

I'm not big on the carbs in general, but lately the sf/ ff/ lower net carb foods have been getting to me.  Calories under control but nutritionally... well its not been protein first. 

I'm way off my Sunday best behavior.  With 690 calories so far today  180 is lean protein and 170 nuts.  The rest?  Well you can just guess.   Carb laden junk food: 340 calories worth. 

That means I've eaten 50% crap today.  Soooo, I must eat only lean protein for the rest of the day if I'm to meet my requirement. 

Just cause fkcu'd it up so far today does not mean the entire day has to be screwed.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Jody ***
on 3/7/10 8:58 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
What a great attitude - I love it!!! 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/7/10 11:27 pm
OK. Think about your lent commitment - it does not work well for you.  Is because now it is the "forbidden fruit" ? And since you should not have it - you crave it more? If that is it - then you need to relax - and change the commitment.  Not because you can't do it - but because - maybe this year - it is too restrictive with all the stress you are under. 

Revising it may be a good choice.
I will give you an idea on mine:
1. I know I could not give nuts or wine, or my dark chocolate.  That items - beside being good for me - are my rewards and a bit of indulgent during the week or days.  So - I picked items that I like - but that I do not need.  Like whipped cream (It is OK for us but nutritionally empty and I can live without it). Also - meat son Friday - and if I can (see the condition?) also on Wednesday evening. 
Making realistic goals - are better for me that goals that I will fail at - a small steps at a time.

So maybe  - instead of low or no carbs - limit just the really bad ones - and allow yourself some - i.e after lunch or after a dinner  - as long as you provided your body with all nutrition and vitamins. - like a reward... So - you are not deprived - but - since you know you can have some- every day - that may allow you not to stress over it. 

I.e. I am "allowed" dark (85% - 90%) chocolate.  And some days I will have it - or not.  I keep it in the cabinet, in a small box,  broken in small pieces, and when I want some -  I still can think about - how much do I want - and by the time I get it from my box - I know if I want it from hunger - or just because I want a treat.  
Nuts are in a freezer - so If I want some - It is a whole procedure to get them out.  LOL. Gives me time to think.

And by now - you know better- never shop hungry.  Have water, or a protein bar.  You have no idea how often once in a store I realized I was hungry - and got a prot bar, or protein drink, or even water - open in the store - and ate/drank it right there - even before paying for it (saved wrapper and paid for them at the end).  I have never been 'reprimanded" by a store.  And if ever anyone approach me - I can tell- hey, I have a hypoglycemia - I either eat it right now - or you may need to call paramedics - so- I chose to eat and I will pay later... ". Just an idea.   Saved me from buying or eating something not so good.   

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MSW will not settle
on 3/8/10 2:53 am
Great idea.  It will help a lot of us but its not my problem. 

I'm a habitual low carber most of the time.  A true carnivore of the soul.  I do get the forbidden fruit thing at times but I went to the store twice while hungry.  Cardinal sin. 

I came out with crap I did not even eat pre op.  Stuff I'd never seen before 2010.  Did you know there are 100 cal eskimo pies?  I'd never eaten a regular eskimo pie in my life.  I don't eat ice cream But, they were out of my sf creamsicles and I was starving...   They also did not have my brand of pork rinds so I grabbed the ff pringles...

See the trend?  How sick is that.  If I was not hungry I would have left with nothing.  Major rule:  Shop only with a full pouch cause once its in the house, consider it down my gut, lol. 

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator