Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Saturday - how are ...

Saturday - how are you guys?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/6/10 12:05 am
It is a beautiful day here in SC.  My cat is out and she comes home every hr or so to make sure I am still here. I had to get her up this morning - she knew the alarm clock did not ring - so she slept until I had to wake her up (she sleeps on top of me - so I can't move unless she does - lol)
I already had my coffee (2) and protein drink, and the eggbites, and some chocolate.  
The green tea is waiting... I need another 10 min before I can start it. 

I am doing well with my Lent commitment - not losing - and not gaining.  I stay away from simple carbs, the whipped cream, though I am tempted.  Also meatless Fridays and Wednesday night are still OK.  But - I am having problem with that - Fridays I get hungry.  I want meat.  I eat fish, and cheese, and other meatless dishes - but that does not fill me up.  Last night - I was hungry.  I stayed up late (watching a movie) and when the clock showed it was after midnight and already Saturday - I got some cold cuts from the fridge and ate with passion.  Just a few pieces,. but still. I did not care about any other foods, snacks.  Wanted the meat.  How weird. 

I need to make more "dense" food choices in the future for Friday. Or I may not make it.  
I think I will make crab meat egg bites... - that would be nice (I hope) I will let you know how they turn out.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Julissita
on 3/6/10 11:13 pm - houston, TX
I am in agreement I even wanted chicken. I had shrimp scampi Friday and tuna did the trick. I love BBQ but you really have to look for a low carb brand mix it with tuna and it tastes like meat. My issue is starting leg cramps- what foods are dense in potassium??? Do you eat cheese? Like a cheese stick? I do know what you mean. You know what I am missing- MILK! Weird huh. SO I went and bought some Hood fake milk and mixed it w protein to make a shake. I have also added a few strawberries. I am checking daily that I am in ketosis so I will keep losing. I was laughing at myself as to why am I so motivated this time and its bc I am in the Biggest loser at the gym and want to kick those skinny peoples ass!! Funny huh - maybe bc I want to be a skinny person too!!! I weigh in later and will post my week 2 results!!!

Keep being strong , I am off to make breakfast!
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/6/10 11:22 pm
I love cheese.   Don't make me start on that...
I eat a lot of string cheese sticks.  I buy the light - Frigo head - they have 2.5 gr fat, and 8 gr proteins per stick.  If I get 4 + no cal veggies - I get 10 gr fat, 24 gr proteins.  They are also great to be wrapped in a cold cut then nuked, or warmed up on GF grill, until the cheese just start oozing out of it.  Yum... with some cool cucus, or pickles, or even fresh red peppers...  (my fav cold cut lately is the turkey pastrami from Sam's - nice and lean and spicy, but very thinly sliced)

I do not know what whould I do if someone would tell me that I can't have cheese... 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MSW will not settle
on 3/7/10 4:58 am
My Friday fasting did not go well.  Not only did I break mid afternoon but I succumbed with sugar.  Half cup of chocolate covered cashews.  I made the grave error of shopping while hungry.   Other than that it was protein owder during the day and salad, shrimp , and king crab for dinner. 

Now for the all important question:  WHAT IS AN EGGBITE, WHAT IS A CRAB EGGBITE, AND WHERE DO I FIND RECIPES???
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/7/10 10:29 pm
lol
That and other recipes   can be found at:
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/10/party -time-confetti-bites.html

Good luck.  I love them. I try to keep them in the freezer at all time.

debbie13
on 3/7/10 8:04 pm - Cossayuna, NY
I've got the same question - what are eggbites? Sounds portable and easy to eat. I need things that I can eat at my desk. I know -- not the greatest thing to do, but my day does not always allow for actually taking a break from it.

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/7/10 10:30 pm
lol
That and other recipes   can be found at:
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/10/party -time-confetti-bites.html

Good luck.  I love them. I try to keep them in the freezer at all time. I use the mid size muffin forms - the 12 form. 2 bites - my brealfast or brunch.

debbie13
on 3/13/10 9:14 am - Cossayuna, NY
thank you for teh links to the recipes. I think these are going to be a staple around my house now since they are easy to freeze and then reheat. thanks again. Deb

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator