Losers for Lent

Day 1

debbie13
on 3/5/10 9:54 am - Cossayuna, NY
Okay - so I have been on a carb binge for the last week or so. Yup I failed at Loosers for Lent. That's what happens to us nice Jewish girls. Anyway........... I am trying again. Today was nottoo bad for the first day. Here's what I ate along with the calorie, protein and carbs (keep in mind I rarely eat traditional 'breakfst food'):

Breakfast: 1/2 cup clam/shrimp/greek yogurt dip with carrot sticks

Lunch: 1/2 cup egg salad in two large mushrooms

Dinner: 4 oz meatloaf burger (used wrong kind of ground beef, too high in fat/calories - next time I do the shopping!)

Snack: sugar free pudding cup

TOTALS:
62 g protein
845 calories
25 carbs
49 g fat

Tomorrow is another day. Will do better on the fat. The calories I did pretty good although I want to try to stay closer to 800, especially since I am currently not doing much in the way of exercising. I meet with my nutritionist Mon. Hopefully my labs are showing some improvement. I have been faithful about the supplements and am starting to feel less run down. I think my carb overloading had something to do with the run down feeling - ya think!

Have a great weekend everyone!

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/5/10 11:54 pm
Fat is good. Really good. That what keeps me full and allow me to stay away from carbs.
1-2 tsp or nut butter in the morning keeps me so happy. and warm. 

Do not be afriad of fat.  carbs - that is a different story.  IMO We need them - but in moderation and with fiber.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Julissita
on 3/6/10 11:06 pm - houston, TX
I totally agree we need fat, but carbs watch out. Change the sf pudding to sf jello and add some heavy cream or cool whip. Make sure you use reduced sugar ketchup w burger, get a shake in there for another 20 g of protein. Have some almonds to crunch on.

Keep it up you can do it!!
Melva
on 3/11/10 6:04 am - Gilbert, AZ
Debbie, You did not fail as long as keep trying. Melva

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator