Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » I'm still doing add...

I'm still doing addictive eating on a daily basis

sjbob
on 3/3/10 5:03 pm - Willingboro, NJ
It may not be much and I can still lose weight, but I just can't (or won't) stay away from my addictive foods.  If I think about it too much, I get depressed and that;s just not good for my mental health.  I saw my shrink yesterday and I'm getting an increase in my antidepressants.  I hope that helps overall.  I am avoiding eating large portions.  I'm writing down what I eat.  I'll soon go back to weighing and measuring.  But, there's no sense in posting in this Group.

I do have another Forum that I go to and get good feedback and positive reinforcement.  I just wanted to have this final post to say thank you.
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/10 12:15 am - Middle River, MD
You are STILL more than welcome to post here for feedback and positive reinforcement - I think you can never have too much of either of those.  and sometimes, a fresh perspective can be helpful, too.

Good luck on your journey,

Tia
Mr. Incredible
on 3/4/10 1:16 am - Canada
Bob, you are more then welcome to post anything you like about the battle we all share with our addiction to foods...   Regardless, don't stop believing in yourself- or your goals.  Give yourself the time you need to fight off your demons.  Without the risk of failure, there is no chance of success...

Good luck!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

MSW will not settle
on 3/4/10 6:47 am
Seems to me you need this group more than ever.  Imperfection should not mean exclusion.  We all struggle.  Knowing this we need to support each other not judge.

The harder the struggle the greater the need.  I make a mission of posting my indescretions daily.  Keeping it surpressed just makes things worse.  I hope you'll keep posting.   We all benefit from knowing others struggle too. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

sjbob
on 3/4/10 2:00 pm - Willingboro, NJ
I am posting elsewhere on OH.  I'm having problems with my DSL and further problems with the postings on OH.  I keep getting hung up as it goes to post pictures for ads.  I can't afford a faster connection.  My wife's unemployment runs out in mid-May and I've been on retirement since July 1992 due to mental disability.

I've dealt with the food addiction on and off for over 30 years.  I feel that I'm doing what is right for me.  I know my thinking patterns are not "normal", i.e., I rarely have a positive attitude.  I'm hoping the change in meds will help that.  My wife says my biggest problem is that I think too much.  I don't know how to stop thinking other than sleep. 

Thank you all for your concerns, but I didn't post here today without thinking about it.  I'm doing what is best for me.  I just wanted you to know that I wouldn't be posting here on a regular basis. 

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator