Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Soooooooooo.... how...

Soooooooooo.... how are we doing?

Mr. Incredible
on 3/2/10 5:39 am - Canada

Hello all- Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since we started this little journey together. 

How is everyone doing? 
I see from some of the posts that  many of you guys are losing the pounds- that's awesome!!  Is everyone handling the cravings?  What are you secrets in dealing with them?

How are you making out in relations to your goals you have made for yourselves 13 days ago? 

How can we are a group help each other better?  A set time to 'chat' together using OH's chat rooms?  More email's?

We still have a while to go- and I want us to make sure this works the best it can- for all of us!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Melva
on 3/2/10 6:12 am - Gilbert, AZ
I am taking it a day at a time I know with the first couple of weeks my weight loss was 11 pounds for which I am extremely happy. I am now taking it a day at a time, my goals are too loose 5# per month my long term goal is to be at my ultimate goal in 2010.

I look forward several times a day reading the post and writing. I think a chat room would be awesome I think it would help with daily posting

All I can say is stay on track taking it a day at a time we will get wherever it is we wanna be..

Melva

MSW will not settle
on 3/3/10 1:36 am

Yesterday I made it through with only six saltines with my wendys chili.  I had my weekly Lenten group meeting but I ate nothing for fear of going after the crackers.  I know I would inspite the fact that the spread was mainly good protein.  I also dodged a bullet from a gynormous muffin at breakfast. 

It was a tough day but I made it.  The saltines were a treat.  Yes, I still do reward myself with food.  Its likely that always will.  I like my treats so I'm learning moderation.  Seventy five calories worth of crackers vs a muffin or a buffet plate works for me. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

MSW will not settle
on 3/3/10 1:56 am
I wish I'd actully lost some weight but problem weight loss has been an issue for me right from the start.  The he fact that I don't loose like other wls folks is frustrating and leaves me vulnerable to just saying screw it.  I'm struggling with weight gain anyway right?  I joined the group to reinforce good habits. 

A chat time is a good idea.  I have regular chats I try to attend for support but I will make time for this one if at all possible. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/10 3:34 am - Middle River, MD
I've actually succeeded at avoiding sweet carbs - with the exception of a tiny, front of the fork taste of chocolate cake - which wasn't all I'd hoped for! 

Today, I went to Trader Joe's, and while they have TONS of good for you stuff there, they also have awesome not so good for you items.  And that's my problem - I'm immediately drawn to the bad stuff.  Which would explain my friendship with Mr. Incredible, but that's another story.

I'm happy to say that I walked out of there with some olive hummus, Greek yogurt, freeze-dried strawberries, fresh mango, fresh watermelon, reduced fat pita chips and for lunch, a wrap of turkey, Swiss and spinach.  All in all, not bad.

I did reward myself by stopping at Starbucks for a skinny vanilla latte. 

Last night, I wanted something sweet in the worst way, so I made myself a cup of hot, sweet tea with f/f half and half and got the heck out of the kitchen while I still could!!!!

I've lost 5 pounds since we started, and while I wi**** was more, at almost 5 years post-op, I'll take ANY loss, no matter how small.

Tia
Julissita
on 3/3/10 4:23 am - houston, TX
Well I have been on this a few days less, but yesterday I weighed and had lost 8lbs. I was soooooooooo excited as I hadnt lost a pound since NOVEMBER!! Has it been hard- you bet, but the pleasure with the scale right now is making it worth it. I have eaten better I think as I am not grazing on chips and stuff. I have had egg whites daily, reduced sugar ketchup, cheese, I also have had salad twice a day which I had not had too many veggies since surgery. When I want something cruchy I have pork rinds, when I want something sweet I have sf jello and heavy cream or cool whip. It works so far so... weigh in is Sunday and I will be posting my progress.

This has been neat, thanks for thinking this up and motivating me!!
*KiminFontana* *.
on 3/3/10 11:36 am - Fontana, CA
Hi Everybody!! 
Well, I hae been doing much better than I thought I'd do.  I've stuck 100% to NO take-out food at all.  I have had 2 restaurant meals, but they were meeting related, so I behaved very well...I ordered and ate fish and had no carbs with it and drank water.  I have made the home evening meal every single night since Ash Wednesday...a first for me!!  My husband and I have found a new thrill in whole food cooking again!  My kids love Mom cooking..lol  They are not so thrilled about the healthier choices though..lol  I have lost the 6 lbs. that have been plaguing me for  6 months and I feel fantastic.  I have renewed energy and I am staying busy to keep away from no-no tempations.  Ahhhhhhh...LENT!  I am going to work at maintaing this renewed lifestyle even after Easter.
Kim in Fontana
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/3/10 11:13 pm
I am happy to report that I am able to maintain.  Same level - up and down 5 lbs due to water retention - "love being a woman lol"
Overall - I am able to stay away from whipped cream - and it is in the house.  I have no problem giving it to the cat - and it does not bother me the least.
Same with fish - or no meat on Wednesday night and Friday all day.  I am getting more fish. 
Getting closer to 2 yar mark and I worry about regaining. 
This weekend and next week I hope I can add some exercises - that should improve my moods.
Beside that - everything on schedule.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jody ***
on 3/4/10 10:39 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
i broke down a few days ago and bought some chips - and proceeded to eat them.  I've vowed to get back on track and the past 2 days have done pretty good. 

My issue is grazing - and I've significantly reduced that at work.  I'm also getting more water and fluids in, which helps.

I'm going to continue.  I'm still up 3 lbs... need to get those off before they become more...

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator