Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Out of Town for few...

Out of Town for few Days

Melva
on 3/1/10 11:47 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I am going out of town this weekend on a business trip. Would appreciate suggestions On maintaining food plans.

What do you do when gone away from home for 4 days
Do you take Powdered Protein or liquid protein, any prepackaged suggestions
for water Liquid intake do you take your own glass/container

Please help would like suggestions 

I am taking my journal, I will touch base at night  .

Melva

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/10 12:28 am - Middle River, MD
Hi Melva!

I hope you have a good trip.  Because I'm anal that way, I'd be sure to check out restaurant options near or in the hotel.  If you're driving, I'd plop a case of water in your car - don't know what the water's going to be like where you're going.

I don't do protein powder - rather, I do the ready to drink, so I'd take along a four pack of them, along with some protein bars, packaged nuts, maybe a small cooler bag with cheese sticks, yogurt, etc.  Most hotels now have small refrigerators, so you should be able to store SOME things.

If there are decent restaurants nearby, you SHOULD be able to find something there, but if not, the above suggestions should help you supplement if you need to.

HTH,

Tia
Melva
on 3/2/10 12:55 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thanx Tia, might be nice to carry  water but goin thru airport nothing liquid over 4 ounces, pain in the rear but with some of the crazies I have to respect that.
Which ready drink protein do you dring I was drinking lo carb slim fast, but they took it off the market was bacteria issue oh well. I will go shopping amd get someof the mentioned thngs. Nuts I am not eatng, they are like crack to my system once I start i eat the entire can. But that is part of my overeating issue I am working on daily.
Tap water is always terrible I will buy as soon as I get there...

Melva

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/10 1:28 am - Middle River, MD
Okay, wasn't sure how you were traveling.

The drinks I like best are the Pure Protein shakes, in Frosty Chocolate and Cookies & Cream - I can actually drink them right from the can without cringing and the EAS Advant Edge.  I use the latter in my coffee each morning - either French Vanilla or Rich Dark Chocolate.   I also like the Pure Protein bars and Power Crunch bars.

I get the point of no return with the nuts, but if you buy and only take a few of the prepackaged kind, that might work for you.

Hugs,

Tia
Mr. Incredible
on 3/2/10 5:27 am - Canada
Traveling is never easy while trying to keep on a diet- or eating properly.  Yes, your right- if you are going by plane- you won't be able to bring water past security- but the nice thing is, you will be able to buy some on the other side of security... you may need to increase your limit on your credit card to buy it, but you will be able to get some.  Remember to stay hydrated when ever you fly.

If you are renting a car once you get to where you are going, then stop at a Walmart or something and grab some water for your stay.  Remember the protein bars!  You will do great!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Melva
on 3/2/10 5:39 am - Gilbert, AZ
lol you are right inside of the airport things are so expensive you need a credit card just for airport spending.  I am meeting Family in Houston and we are headed straight to the locl grocer. 
What kind of protein bars do you use.

Thanx
Melva
Mr. Incredible
on 3/2/10 5:42 am - Canada
Well, until recently I was using Atkins bars- but you need to be careful- and read the labels because of the sugar intake... I live on the Canadian side of the border, not far from Buffalo- I need to get across and get some decent stuff... lol.

Have a good trip!!

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator