Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » My scale is . . .

My scale is . . .

justthebeginning
on 2/25/10 11:32 pm - Cambridge, MD
. .  . Just NOT moving. I am doing everything that I possibly can to get it to move down, but it ain't happening.  Okay I did lose 8 lbs in the first 5 days, but now I can't get it to move, not even a 1/2 a pound.  UUUUGGGGHHHHHH!  This is so frustrating. 

On the other hand, I have been extrememly stressed over the past few days.  Does anyone know about how stress can affect weight loss?  I am just wondering if there is a correlation.

I am dedicated to staying commited, to this thing . . . even if it kills me!!! LOL.

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

Mr. Incredible
on 2/26/10 12:17 am - Canada
If the scale isn't working- throw it out and get a new one!!  Kidding! Yes, stress can play a big part of your weight stall- water retention is another thing. What's important is not giving up- you are doing great!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Julissita
on 2/26/10 10:00 am - houston, TX
Start by being happy about the eight pounds I would be screaming! Next drink more water and relax- yes stress holds it all in. How much protein are you getting??? Take a look at those things.
sjbob
on 2/28/10 12:37 am - Willingboro, NJ
I know that many people get weighed daily but that never worked for me.  I didn't care about weighing myself daily while I was gaining weight.  I used to just get weighed when I went to the doctor's office and I was doing this post--op because some docs had the only scale I could get on and off and read my weight--they went over 500 lbs and had integrated hand grips or nearby grab bars.  I simply can't get on a regular doctor's scale.  Since last year, I've tried to get weighed once per mo at one of these scales ( regardless of whether I had an appt--The doc let's me use the scale at slow times).

I'd suggesting just getting weighed on a less frequent basis-weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly.  I'm usually seeing a 4 lb per month weight loss, but I might get discouraged if I didn't lose weight one week, retained fluids the next and even gained a little.  Oh, there are also the dreaded stalls.  They should usually last less than 6 weeks but that's hard to put up with when you are being true to your diet.  Just hand in there and keep trying.  You will find relative peace and the scale will go down.

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator