Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » ONE WEEK DOWN!!!

ONE WEEK DOWN!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/10 8:19 am - Middle River, MD

How's everyone doing?  I have to say, I'm actually doing pretty good avoiding sweet carbs.  Especially with all the Easter candy out there.  And the Valentine's Day candy that's left is 75%!!!  Fortunately, it's nothing I like!!  LOL!!!

I baked my Mom a bday cake tonight - and sweet victory - did NOT like the batter from the spoon!!!  And boy, was I tempted!!!!  However, after I made her cake, I mixed 16 oz. part skim ricotta with 2 eggs, about one cup of Splenda, 1/2 cup of pb and 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa.  It's baking now, but I'll let you know how it turns out.

It's not realistic for me to think I can ALWAYS stay carb free, but somehow, I've got to get my head around the fact that I don't NEED it every day.  Just not sure what my point of no return is!

Yesterday:

B - Greek yogurt w/pbj and granola

L - Greek chicken salad

D - 1/2 homemade hamburger
      Cheese crisps

S - Protein bar

Today:

B - Protein coffee
     Greek yogurt w/pbj and granola

S - Kashi bar

L - Greek chicken salad

S - Cheese stick

D - Broiled tilapia
      Peas and carrots

150 oz. of coffee and diet lemonade!

Next!!!

Tia

Mr. Incredible
on 2/24/10 11:40 pm - Canada
Soooooooooooo... how was it?
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/10 1:03 am - Middle River, MD
It was YUMMY!!!  I even microwaved a bit of pb into a sauce, and poured it over the baked ricotta!!
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/25/10 12:27 am
Tia, this is impressive. No simple carbs. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/10 1:04 am - Middle River, MD
Thanks, Hala!!!!  It's HARD!!!!
Cheryl D.
on 2/25/10 9:23 am - Toronto, Canada
I am still avoiding all simple carbs since surgery, still don't crave them at all.  I read here daily to keep my resolve strong.  You all help me so much in that sense so thank you!
Mr. Incredible
on 2/26/10 12:23 am - Canada
Cheryl- we all help each other... that's why groups like this are good.. so jump in when ever you like.
Many on here will agree with me- you are in a great position- just don't start having any   simple carbs.  What happened to me is I thought, 'what the heck- I can try one of these'... and did, and it went down well- no serious issues- then you keep on trying to experiment.  The simple suggestion is don't start- once you start it's a very slippery road to go down.

Keep up the good work!!
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Cheryl D.
on 2/26/10 2:22 am - Toronto, Canada
That's my goal, to not even start.  Just like when I quit smoking I KNOW I can't have just one cigarette and be ok.  If I have one I'll be addicted all over again.   I have to regard simple carbs as a form of crack and stick with my rehab,   Thanks for the motivation Mr. I

Cheryl

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator