Losers for Lent

Groups » Losers for Lent » Discussion » Monday was rough- T...

Monday was rough- Tuesday has to be better!

Julissita
on 2/22/10 6:17 pm - houston, TX
Saturday and Sunday went well- I hit ketosis Sunday night. Today was a different story. i wanted to munch and had nothing so I did 35 carbs today instead of 20. I will start over tomorrow. I did ge tin 130g of protein so that excited me! what do you all munch on?? Cheese is not cutting it- I want something sweet- I crave sugar!!!help friends!
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/10 8:29 pm - Middle River, MD
It's hard, I know, because sweets are my biggest, baddest challenge.  Since we started this, I have been sweet carb free - and I haven't yet lost my mind!!!  I did stop at GNC last night and pick up my favorite protein bars - Power Crunch and Pure Protein - they really do help me.  The Power Crunch is more like a sugar wafer covered in chocolate, and I bought pb creme, cookies & creme and triple chocolate.  The Pure Protein are denser - I bought chewy chocolate chip, chocolate deluxe and pb chocolate.  TRUST me, I KNOW they're not real chocolate, but for me, it does help with the sugar cravings.

I did well last night - I had a beer, but NO bar food while we were playing trivia!!  Yay, me!!

Yesterday:

B - Greek yogurt with pbj/granola

S - 2 hardboiled egg

L - Baked chicken
      Green beans

S - Cheese crisps

D - 1/2 turkey sandwich
       veggie soup
       (YES, it IS possible to eat healthy at Panera Bread)

S - 1 beer

S - Popcorn

150 oz. fluid, all my vits!

Tia
justthebeginning
on 2/22/10 9:16 pm - Cambridge, MD

I love sugar free fudgesicles ~ 40 calories and they give me my Chocolate FIX.  Sometimes I will put one in a bowl and microwave (only for a  few seconds) and add a little bit of peanut butter.  Tastes just like a Reese's cup.  (Which happens to be my favorite food in the whole wide world)

I think every day I have posted something about chocolate.  Do you think I have a problem?  LOL

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/10 9:23 pm - Middle River, MD
LOL!!!  If you have a problem, then so do I!!!!

OMG!!  Those damn Reese's eggs are STILL trying to jump off the shelves into my basket!!!!  Those little suckers have LONG legs. 

But I didn't give in.

But I miss them.  They keep sending me flowers, notes, etc.  Sick little f*ckers!!!!!  LOL
justthebeginning
on 2/22/10 9:28 pm - Cambridge, MD
I know.  It used to be that there was only one kind.  Now they have them for every occasion!!  and usually they sit them right up by the register.  They flirt with me too!!!

JUST SAY NO!

Lisa Z.

When we believe, all things are possible!

Mr. Incredible
on 2/23/10 12:04 am - Canada
LOL!!!  If you have a problem, then so do I!!

yup, you do.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/23/10 6:43 am
Tia - the closest to Reese's PB cups - is IMO - the Atkins Advantage Chocolate Peanut butter bar.  They are everywhere - even in CVS here in SC.  Try some - if you have not yet. 

I also love the Power Crunch (all of them) and I eat them - but the Atkins bars beside tasting fantastic have only 1 g sugars, 10 gr fiber, and - even 21 months post op - one of them  - is a very satisfying meal - that keeps me full for a while.    

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/23/10 6:39 am

If you think you have a problem - think this - every time I buy the NSA (not SF) Fidgesickles - I eat them all...  yes I do - within 12-18 hrs they are all gone.  I do not eat anything els e- until they are gone... That is problem. 

So - I only but them no more than 1 time a month.  And only if my weight is low or in a low side of my range... It is horrible... I just can not stop eating them if they are in the house.  
That what addiction look like...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mr. Incredible
on 2/23/10 12:02 am - Canada
As Lisa suggested, what about some sf fudgesicles?  or.. sf Popsicles?  The concept is to cut back as much as you can- sometimes we do fall of the wagon- that's just the way it is... what's important is that we get back to the plan.... how are you doing today?
PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

MSW will not settle
on 2/23/10 12:57 am, edited 2/23/10 1:00 am
I ate fine yesterday.� Protein�plus�a little veg.��An ounce or two of nuts and lightly coated�takeout wings were my only straight up carbs.� Calories under 1300, protein just under 100 g.� I'm not counting�the carbs, but they're comming down until I hit ketosis.�

When I want sweets its an Atkins bar.� Usually the daybreak type because they are smaller starting at 120 cal/ 10 carbs.� I also make a quick protein cookie adopted from a reipe I found online.��

A scoop of whey protein; 1tsp smart balance lite; 1tbl splenda.��
Flavored with any of these:
����� unsweetend cocoa powder�
������apple/ pumpkin pie spice
������vanilla/ almond/ lemon/ cinnamon extract
����� add a few drops of water until its�crumbly then kneed together
����� divide into two to four�cookies�
����� microwave about 20-30 seconds

I've played with it to get the texture I want.� Firm dough is crumblier, taffy like dough softer, wetter dough more like a lighter scone.� I even use plain vanilla protein with dried herbs and seasoned salt for a portein 'biscut'.�
I'm no baker but I'm working of perfecting this recipe.� It takes like carbs but its not.�

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Mr.Incredible
Group Leader

KBS-TIA
Group Administrator